Jannik Hansen's potential ?

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
hansen is awesome, I loved his game when he was here in portland. I don't think he'll "feature" on the second line, rather be a glue type player who keeps things going and is responsible defensively. Of course he's got offensive upside but what really sets him apart from similar players is his grit, he's not going to lose battles on the boards consistantly, he'll do the dirty work to keep the game going as well as provide some spark when neccessary.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Doesn't 60-70 points seem a bit out of line for this guy?

I mean he was outscored in the AHL by other first year pros like Chipchura and Kennedy and those guys are predicted to be at best third line guys.

It seems pretty unlikely Hansen will go from putting up uninspiring numbers in junior/AHL to approaching PPG territory in the bigs.

orcatown

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
pdxshark - great comment. I think you are dead on. Look for a Pahlsson type player. Detroit has got a boat load of these type of players.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
He could be the Canucks PJ Axelsson. I view him as a guy who will probably average about 30 points a year on the third-line but can jump into any role on the team. Has an upside of maybe 50 points.

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
Last time I checked, Hansen isn't 5'8, 175lbs, 24 years old and played in NA for 5 years, but rather a 6'1, 201lbs, 21 year old that is just in his second year of playing in NA, after jumping over from the obscure sub-ECHL level league they call the Danish Men's League.

Age and size isn't everything, but given the rate of development he's been growing at, he definitely has potential. I'm hesitant myself to say potential 60pointer in his prime, but a great 3rd liner that can get 30-50 points is more in line with what I expect.

finally a realistic prediction. :handclap:

Bill_Crosby*

1. That's not a 'fact'.
2. As the previous poster says, the coaching staff > you.
3. On this board, folks and scouts who have actually seen him play from Denmark, Portland, Manitoba, and Vancouver all agree that he'll make it in the bigs. An NHL dub scout called him the "Most NHL ready prospect in the dub that he's seen", just last year.
4. His overall play in the whole series.
5. If you even know anything about him and the development curve he's had, you wouldn't say that he's a career AHLer either.

Why ask for our opinions if it was going to make you cry? Here I'll lie to you so you don't have an emotional breakdown.

"Best prospect since Crosby"

Better? :pout:

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Why ask for our opinions if it was going to make you cry? Here I'll lie to you so you don't have an emotional breakdown.

"Best prospect since Crosby"

Better? :pout:

Apparently, you still live in a world with nothing but your own opinions in it. As I've said, my expectations for this guy is a third-liner, based on how he's been progressing as a prospect. You, on the other hand, can't come up with any reasons or facts why you expect him to fail at all, and instead uses the 'you-can't-touch-MY-opinions' excuse and calling us cry-babies, when none of us had insulted you in any way?

Gimme a break. :shakehead Didn't you learn in school that, if you want to convince others of your opinions, you need facts, not insults, behind them? :help:

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I've had the pleasure to watch Hansen with Manitoba and think he's almost certain to have an NHL career. That being said, he could be playing anywhere from the first line to fourth. It's obvious he has the skills to be better offensively, but he needs to learn to apply them. Although if scoring doesn't improve he will make a fine depth player (think Pisani type value).

From what I saw this year his overall development didn't stagnate and he improved in all areas as the year wore on. His scoring declined as the year progressed but he remained one of the Moose's better forwards. I'm sure he has benefited from the influence of Mike Keane who's been helpful with young players in Manitoba. Now that I think of it, I see similarities between Hansen and a young Mike Keane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad