Jannik Hansen Appreciation Thread

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
very sad to lose another fan favorite because dim jim values grandlund more

oh well looks like im rooting for a sens/sharks finals

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Guy worked his ass off to get into the NHL and worked just as hard to earn his spot every year. Gonna be funny seeing the the Sharks fans who are down on the trade change their minds once they see him play. Guy is super versatile and easy to play with. Can't really think of a single forward on this team who didn't look better with him on their line.

At least we can still cheer for him in the playoffs this year, would be amazing to have multiple 1sts and 2nds in a draft :D

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Thanks for the memories hansen.

You will always be one of the favorites

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Big fan of Hansen too, like everybody should be. He and Burrows are probably the two greatest out-of-nowhere fell-good Canuck stories in recent memory, if not franchise history. I love how much he has vindicated his backers in recent years, after the unfair "hands of stone" label.

I'm not sure the slim chance of a late first-rounder in a weaker draft is enough for me to want the Sharks to win the Cup now, but I guess it's a nice consolation in the event it happens.

jeromemorrow

May 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
I think Hansen got 3 to 5 years left (if Burrows can play for another 2 with the Sens).

I'm hoping Hansen returns to the Canucks in 2 to 3 years times (obviously, if we need a RW then).

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Thanks for the memories honey badger.

You will be greatly missed.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
First game as a nuck was in the playoffs vs dallas if i remember right. Definitely a fav. Be stoked if SJ wins the cup regardless of draft pick ramifications.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
I'll bet it was tough for the Canucks players in the dressing room yesterday. From all accounts, Hansen & Burr bring a lot of positive energy to any room they're in.

Thanks for everything Jannik. So sad to see you go, but all the best in San Jose.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
One of my favourite players for quite some time, just loved his tenacity, hustle and the clutch goals he scored for the team. Plus I have deep respect for the way he plays the game, and is tough as nails. Really enjoyed how he punched Kadri and whoped him for what he did to Daniel. The Great Dane will be sorely missed, along with his comical accent (schneider did a decent mimicry on him).

Will catch his first game with the sharks on Thursday.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
It was a lot of fun and satisfying to watch him become a valuable Canuck after he was drafted in the 9th round from a country that had only produced a few NHL players. That pick was a small victory after the Canucks passed on Kopitar essentially because he was from a non-traditional hockey country.

I still remember the early report here that he dangled Cam Barker in an international tournament. For some reason I thought he would make it. Now Denmark is producing NHL players like never before and he was one of the trailblazers.

Good luck in San Jose.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
hR4xvlh.png

2017-03-09 - Honey badger shark's first assist

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Of course they will.

Hansen is today who Burrows was 6 years ago.

He's going to make their bottom 6 so much stronger.

It's funny to hear all the ignorant Shark fans talk about how bad of a defensive forward Hansen is. :laugh:

And the best thing for Hansen is, he's not being counted on to be the sole driver of play on a team. Honey badger can honey badger and nobody gives a ****.

Glad both guys ended up on good teams. :nod:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
EDit NEvermind they changed the points to some other guy

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad