Rumor: Janmark to Grand Rapids

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I like Janmark, but thats not a fair comparison.

That was mostly tongue-in-cheek, since I'm not a fan of that trade. But Janmark is a damn good prospect IMO.

Big, pretty fast, and skilled. Nice blend of skill and physical attributes.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Hopefully he comes over. Had plans to catch a few playoff games with my dad again.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I really hope he comes over. We have to get our prospects as much Blash-time as possible before some team wises up and makes him their head coach.

Plus, I think he's got higher upside than anyone knew at the draft. Finding out that he's never properly trained his lower body means that he can progress more in that department. It might make him faster and stronger on his skates than the Wings thought he could be.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Hopefully both Janmark and Athanasiou can play center. That would give us adequate depth in our prospect pool with Sheahan and Glendening graduating to Detroit. Of course we'll need to draft more this summer but both guys look to have enough talent to at least become roster players.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I really hope he comes over. We have to get our prospects as much Blash-time as possible before some team wises up and makes him their head coach.

Plus, I think he's got higher upside than anyone knew at the draft. Finding out that he's never properly trained his lower body means that he can progress more in that department. It might make him faster and stronger on his skates than the Wings thought he could be.

I'm really scared someone will pry him away from us this offseason...

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Goint to be interesting to see how he do. He will do pretty well in the AHL at least of that I'm sure.

All in all another good addition to the wings prospect depth.

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
If Janmark is considered for the Swedish world championships roster, maybe they can agree on the same deal as CJ had last year. On month on Grand Rapids before playing the WC tournament.

I don't know whats best for his development, though. Competing for the Calder Cup or competing for WC Gold.

Detroit Sports*

I'd play him right now over Andersson. That guy is worthless.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Hm, sounds not really convincing... According to the games u have seen? Or what's your measure?

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Sounds like they have a similiar skillset.

nah, not even close. janmark reminds me more of a good-day-franzen. working like a mule, but you're not noticing him, but as soon as the defense makes a mistake and gives him too much space the red light is on.

janmark really looked tire lately, but his team was awful all season long and he carried them for a lot of nights. not sure if GR is a good idea. maybe he needs a rest and then hitting the gym for summer workout.

Jul 30, 2005
nah, not even close. janmark reminds me more of a good-day-franzen. working like a mule, but you're not noticing him, but as soon as the defense makes a mistake and gives him too much space the red light is on.

janmark really looked tire lately, but his team was awful all season long and he carried them for a lot of nights. not sure if GR is a good idea. maybe he needs a rest and then hitting the gym for summer workout.
I remember seeing that he was playing by FAR the most minutes of any forward in the SHL. No big surprise that a guy who's not done figuring out his conditioning would wear down after playing 24 minutes a game as a forward.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
They could use a boost with a lot of guys up in Detroit and Callahan done for a while. Even if he comes in tired and plays limited mins, hes still a guy who was a very solid pro playing against men. I'm gonna try to catch a game with him playing, I wanna get another look at Campbell as well. Not many games left but I'll post my thoughts if he plays

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
They could use a boost with a lot of guys up in Detroit and Callahan done for a while. Even if he comes in tired and plays limited mins, hes still a guy who was a very solid pro playing against men. I'm gonna try to catch a game with him playing, I wanna get another look at Campbell as well. Not many games left but I'll post my thoughts if he plays

this, experience as limited as it may be of playing in NA against men and being around sort of the red wings organization will do wonders

he will make more contacts, learn a heck of a lot more being over here and can work out all summer long(perhaps even staying here to do so with some of the other kids)

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

I'd like to have him come over and begin training with guidance from the organization. Then if he goes back for the tournament he'll have his feet wet and know what he needs to do to be ready for camp in the fall.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If this kid gets his lower body and core strength up to par, and he can become very, very good IMO.

Scary to think he's done as well as he has up until this point, pretty much never training his lower body before.

I think he has a ton of potential.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
I remember seeing that he was playing by FAR the most minutes of any forward in the SHL. No big surprise that a guy who's not done figuring out his conditioning would wear down after playing 24 minutes a game as a forward.

Not sure when you looked, but right now he's at #22 overall with 20:20 TOI/G. Looks like he started the season logging a lot of minutes, but it has lowered quite a bit. Hasn't played more than 22 mins since January (by 1 second) and before that November.

http://www.shl.se/statistics/profile/gamelog/2066/2013

Jul 30, 2005

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Not sure when you looked, but right now he's at #22 overall with 20:20 TOI/G. Looks like he started the season logging a lot of minutes, but it has lowered quite a bit. Hasn't played more than 22 mins since January (by 1 second) and before that November.

http://www.shl.se/statistics/profile/gamelog/2066/2013

Still averaged clearly the most ice time among all forwards: http://www.shl.se/statistics/player...HL/F/All/All/All/All/All/dec?lang=sv&count=25

No wonder he started to lose a step in the 2nd half. He needs a good summer but going to GR for the rest of the year might not be a bad idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->