Waived: Jan Rutta

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
that sucks, guy had some value...maybe closer to the deadline we could have gotten something for him, but it was obvious he wasn't going to make the top 6 with Murphy healthy and Forsling healthy...plus Dahl looked good out there...$2 more mil in cap space with nobody to spend it on...:(

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
So with this happening I would think Forsling is good now and ready to come off IR?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
A reality check to those who thought Rutta had some trade value.
again wrong...those of us who said he had value said the market at the deadline would be the best to do it...this proves nothing but the Hawks have no room for him up here and are going with the kids...Kempny played less and was treated worse and fetched a 3rd, Rutta would have gotten something similar if the Hawks wanted to wait 2 more months.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
i was very wrong on him...i thought he could be a 4-5 right when he started here. dont know if it was the concussion or not but i was very wrong on him.

A lot of people were. Hell some wanted to give him a 3-4 year deal at 3-4 million.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
again wrong...those of us who said he had value said the market at the deadline would be the best to do it...this proves nothing but the Hawks have no room for him up here and are going with the kids...Kempny played less and was treated worse and fetched a 3rd, Rutta would have gotten something similar if the Hawks wanted to wait 2 more months.

they would have done something different to keep him if they could have gotten a 3rd i would think.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Him and Manning make 4.5mil. That's a pretty good player in free agency.

Sure but who would you have signed for that?

This is pure speculation but I think they signed him for 2.3 AAV because he wanted 2-3 years but the Hawks only wanted to take the risk for 1 year.

I don't get Manning signing now and didn't get it when it happened. I wish we knew why. Manning mentioned that Q recruited him but it is still on Stan for signing him.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
they would have done something different to keep him if they could have gotten a 3rd i would think.
for 2 months??? you have to sit this guy for a long time which then weakens his value even more...I am sure they tried to move him, maybe they got offers for a 7th rounder but felt F that, just release him and see if someone picks up the tab...if not he goes to Rockford, plays well and can get called back up at some point to maybe peak interest again..we have seen players clear waivers prior only to come back up and get traded months later, it can happen...

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Sure but who would you have signed for that?

This is pure speculation but I think they signed him for 2.3 AAV because he wanted 2-3 years but the Hawks only wanted to take the risk for 1 year.
ian cole maybe johnny more and get some help on the bottom 6

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Shocked and a bit saddened by this. He's been fine, hell, getting better actually, in recent weeks. He has value if you trade him at the deadline where his cap hit is next to nothing.

Instead we get to keep Brandon f***ing Manning on the team.

tenor.gif

Reactions: 24 others

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->