Jan-Mikael Juutilainen

studley49

Oct 8, 2003
Flinton/Toronto, ON
Visit site
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid[]=99421

I drafted him last year in my keeper-league draft simply because I heard he has explosive offensive talent and he was coming over to NA. Seeing those numbers in the USHL seems kind of disappointing to me and my expectations...

Can anyone give me some insight to how he played this season and how he's progressing as a player? Also, based on his progression what NHLer could you compare his style to?

Thanks in advance.

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
Damn hockeydb.com and it's glitches...

Back to topic. I don't think overcoming a entirely different culture, language, playing system, food, and homesickness should be ignored.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
You found the wrong J-M Juutilainen, HockeyDB spelt the right ones name wrong.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=00095365

haven't seen him play yet.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that hockeydb has their names confused, or maybe they just have two different entries for him in the database.

As far as I know, the Juutilainen playing in the USHL this year is indeed the one drafted, and he is committed to attending the University of Nebraska/Omaha for next year.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Damn hockeydb.com and it's glitches...

Back to topic. I don't think overcoming a entirely different culture, language, playing system, food, and homesickness should be ignored.

While that's all true, it's a very underwhelming performance for a guy talked about as being a possible 1st round pick from last year.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Actually, I'm pretty sure that hockeydb has their names confused, or maybe they just have two different entries for him in the database.

As far as I know, the Juutilainen playing in the USHL this year is indeed the one drafted, and he is committed to attending the University of Nebraska/Omaha for next year.

He is in the USHL and he will be attending Nebraska/Omaha next year. You are correct.

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
While that's all true, it's a very underwhelming performance for a guy talked about as being a possible 1st round pick from last year.

Agreed. He was very highly regarded by many, myself included and when he fell down to 6th round I was shocked and thought Chicago had the absolute steal of the draft. Hopefully he can bounce back next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad