jan-mikael juutilainen

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i was just looking at some 06 mock drafts and a lot of the guys had him at #27 to dallas. and they said that dallas was the only team that had him on the radar before the u-18 wjc. so the stars had to use their first rounder on him because he would be gone before the second round was over, but what happened here. he went in the 6th round #156 overall to the hawks. the stars didnt even use their 5th rounder on him (150 overall). so was it really true that the stars where high on him:dunno:

Duff88

May 7, 2002
I think it was probably more like: "Dallas loves Finnish players, Jan-Mikael coms from Finland, therefore Dallas must love Jan-Mikael."

At draft time, most fans had him in their top 50; his fall was somewhat of a surprise.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
probably not...

The Habs Russian scout was high on Pavel Valentenko, who went under the radar. He wanted Timmins to take him in the second round, but the team waited in the 5th round, but they still took him, and before the draft, Valentenko was an unknown player.

Juutilainen wasn't in the same situation. If the Stars, and 29 other team didn't took a chance on him before the 6th round, it's because there's something in his game that dicrease his chances to reach the NHL. But sorry, I don't know what was the problem...

Mobbex

Jul 29, 2006
Montreal
probably not...

The Habs Russian scout was high on Pavel Valentenko, who went under the radar. He wanted Timmins to take him in the second round, but the team waited in the 5th round, but they still took him, and before the draft, Valentenko was an unknown player.

Juutilainen wasn't in the same situation. If the Stars, and 29 other team didn't took a chance on him before the 6th round, it's because there's something in his game that dicrease his chances to reach the NHL. But sorry, I don't know what was the problem...

The habsS russian scout is awesome :)

TheHoser

Jul 13, 2006
English Quebec
I was hoping the Habs would take Juutalinen in the 3rd round when I heard he was still around. I expected him to go in the 2nd or maybe even the 1st, but too last until the 6th? I assume it's because of concerns over his conditioning and lack of strength, but the guy is skilled and very very quick. Could be a steal.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Why all the hates on everything surrounding the habs? And please answer...I want to know.

tell me one player that you have drafted from russia who is a very good player in the nhl. yeah ok markov, he is ok i guess, but other then that you havent exactly made a lot of good russian draft picks. and im pretty sure he was thinking about kostitsyn:biglaugh: up to this point, i dont even think he should have been picked in the first round. i cant wait to you give up on him, but then it will be all about he's brother i guess:biglaugh: :help:

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
tell me one player that you have drafted from russia who is a very good player in the nhl. yeah ok markov, he is ok i guess, but other then that you havent exactly made a lot of good russian draft picks. and im pretty sure he was thinking about kostitsyn:biglaugh: up to this point, i dont even think he should have been picked in the first round. i cant wait to you give up on him, but then it will be all about he's brother i guess:biglaugh: :help:

Kost barely made the team this year...

He's got GREAT hockey sense, a good shot and is strong. I'm not too concerned about him.

From Russia...
Grabovsky (Belarus, though played in Russia) - looks like a good pick
Kost bros - look like good picks
Alexei Emelin - Really good in Russia and int. tournaments, looking for him to come over
Konstantin Korneev - is producing a lot in Russia, might never come, but he's skilled
Alexander Perezhogin - coming into his own with Bonk and Johnson, best player in last game for us

IMO, that's not so bad...

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Kost barely made the team this year...

He's got GREAT hockey sense, a good shot and is strong. I'm not too concerned about him.

From Russia...
Grabovsky (Belarus, though played in Russia) - looks like a good pick
Kost bros - look like good picks
Alexei Emelin - Really good in Russia and int. tournaments, looking for him to come over
Konstantin Korneev - is producing a lot in Russia, might never come, but he's skilled
Alexander Perezhogin - coming into his own with Bonk and Johnson, best player in last game for us

IMO, that's not so bad...

besides Emelin, it's below-average imo...

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
You think there are exactly how many talented player drafted out of Russia per team?

it's not about russian players... We could have drafted better players with those picks, that's all. Maybe the other teams scouted those players too, but they didn't drafted them and they drafted better players in the end. That makes them better scouts.

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
it's not about russian players... We could have drafted better players with those picks, that's all. Maybe the other teams scouted those players too, but they didn't drafted them and they drafted better players in the end. That makes them better scouts.

The other poster was saying our russian picks stank. Well, I beg to differ.

Sure there might have been better picks out there, but you can't get THE best player every time. Point is, we draft russians just fine. ;)

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
The draft of Juutilainen was rated by someone (think it was red line report) as the best value pick in the draft, they couldn't believe he dropped so low. As for the Dallas thing maybe it was just paper talk or stuff put out by people around Juutilainen to try and improve his draft position?

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
The other poster was saying our russian picks stank. Well, I beg to differ.

Sure there might have been better picks out there, but you can't get THE best player every time. Point is, we draft russians just fine. ;)

habs have consistenly been picking russians for years now. and imo you havent had much luck with it. just look at all the amazing russians in the nhl. and the only one you have that actually is good player is markov. and perezhogin is not very good. he has some skill but thats all. kostitsyn better start producing in the AHL soon. he is allmost 22. think its about time that he starts doing something in the AHL. imo he should have dominated by now. but he has had like no development since he was drafted. btw whats up with latendresse. all you habs fans said he would definitely play on the second line.:biglaugh: he is playing like 8 min pr. game:banana:

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
habs have consistenly been picking russians for years now. and imo you havent had much luck with it. just look at all the amazing russians in the nhl. and the only one you have that actually is good player is markov. and perezhogin is not very good. he has some skill but thats all. kostitsyn better start producing in the AHL soon. he is allmost 22. think its about time that he starts doing something in the AHL. imo he should have dominated by now. but he has had like no development since he was drafted. btw whats up with latendresse. all you habs fans said he would definitely play on the second line.:biglaugh: he is playing like 8 min pr. game:banana:

I told you in another thread that nobody on the Habs board had Latendresse on the second line...Can't you read!!! I don't know where you took that, but it was obvious that our top 6 was the one we have right now...

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

wow do you really want to start a war with habs fans or what ...
I will stay away from this reply and thread unless you REALLY do want to further your agument on the habs.:help:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Looks like Juutilainen is playing in the USHL this year and has given a verbal to play at Nebraska-Omaha next year. Kind of a strange route to go considering he's one of Finlands top 88's.

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site

Perezhogin has some skills?

Kost almost made the team as I told you, stats aren't everything...

Latendresse is going to have to climb up the depth chart, just as anyone. For one, I didn't even want to see him with the team...

I see you have absolutely no clue about the habs, their drafts or players, I'll just leave you with your toughts. ;)

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Perezhogin has some skills?

Kost almost made the team as I told you, stats aren't everything...

Latendresse is going to have to climb up the depth chart, just as anyone. For one, I didn't even want to see him with the team...

I see you have absolutely no clue about the habs, their drafts or players, I'll just leave you with your toughts. ;)

oh i have a clue. i might be underrating your players, but that is just because you guys overrate them. and i'm sick of it. you can keep kostitsyn on your own boards to he actually does something good at NHL level.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com

the only thing funny is this post :biglaugh:

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com

how is perez not good, have you seen him play? highly unlikely.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
how is perez not good, have you seen him play? highly unlikely.

he has some moves and speed, but other then that he is not much imo. he hasn't produced much yet. and when a player like that doesnt produce he is worthless. and he isn't gettin a lot of ice time these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad