GDT: Jan. 3 - Lightning at Flames [7:00pm on SNET-W]

TylerSVT*

We gonna get owned.

Welp, wasnt wrong.

1 goal in the last 4... pathetic. This team needs an Enema, Cammi is beyond terrible.

I really wish they had sent Monahan to the WJHC, playing crappy minutes on this garbage team helps him in NO way. Uggh.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Monahan was just coming off an injury, he's still not 100%, sending him would of been a mistake. If he was fully healthy, I'd of been in favour.

Hartley is not the problem, our roster is.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
That's true. But to only have 1 goal in the last 4 is atrocious.
I just don't think Burke has the patience to keep him around.

Then Burke should find himself a GM pretty damn quick because there is no NHL coach out there that is going to manufacture goals with a roster that contains Westgarth, McGrattan, and the current editions of David Jones, Galiardi, Stempniak, and Cammalleri.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Then Burke should find himself a GM pretty damn quick because there is no NHL coach out there that is going to manufacture goals with a roster that contains Westgarth, McGrattan, and the current editions of David Jones, Galiardi, Stempniak, and Cammalleri.

Amen.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows

Don't let Hudler off the hook so easily. Nice point though.

I'm really looking forward to the Flames going on the road. It's nice to watch them suck it without having to leave the house.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Monahan was just coming off an injury, he's still not 100%, sending him would of been a mistake. If he was fully healthy, I'd of been in favour.

Hartley is not the problem, our roster is.

No creativity or finish, and we have an easily defendable forward corps.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Don't let Hudler off the hook so easily. Nice point though.

I'm really looking forward to the Flames going on the road. It's nice to watch them suck it without having to leave the house.

It's a testament to the suckitude of Hudler lately that I forgot to mention him. :laugh:

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Cammy has just been brutal for the last couple of weeks, I noticed and mentioned it a while ago, everyone is starting to finally notice how invisible he's been.

His trade value is going to be declining massively if it keeps up

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Highly doubt that. Burke hates rebuilds.

He does, he's very impatient but I don't know how much he can realistically do right now without sacrificing the rebuild. He would need to make a hockey trade, and the way I see it there's only 3 guys on our roster that he can move to do that, Hudler, Wideman and Baertschi.

I doubt Sven is going anywhere unless he finds an equivalent young RW or dman prospect with size, toughness and upside. With Wideman and Hudler, I could see them getting moved if he can find the right kind of deal. Again I mentioned this earlier, but I could see Hudler being dealt for Jack Johnson. He's still a younger player with lots of upside. The right deal would need to fall into his lap, but that's Burkes strength so it wouldn't surprise me. Although I think he's really going to change this team in the offseason. It's easier to move players then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad