GDT: Jan 26: The Very Fun Kraken versus The Very Not Fun Blues

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Not what I wanted at the second intermission, but a big point there. Let's get the second one.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Getting a point from these guys on the road would have been acceptable, but not getting two points against the Blues in our own building is disappointing,

Reactions: Fuhrious

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Sh*t.

Was busy, last i checked we were up 3-1, WTF happened was Joey off tonight or did the D get their bad habit of standing around and spectating? Both?

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Sh*t.

Was busy, last i checked we were up 3-1, WTF happened was Joey off tonight or did the D get their bad habit of standing around and spectating? Both?
I only caught the last 15 minutes or so, but they looked disjointed. Like they were gaining possession regularly and kept the Blues from looking dangerous (other than maybe one or two sequences in the final couple minutes), but would pass the puck into each others skates, struggle to keep it on their sticks, and just sort of fling it on net for low danger chances. Lots of shots but none of them seemed like legitimate chances. I can honestly only think of one Kraken shot in the Blues zone during that stretch where I thought “solid save by Binnington”

I was stuck with the Blues feed as a stream, unfortunately. Listening to them insist Parayko crosschecking Schwartz to the ice was a “good clean hockey play” while showing it isolated/zoomed in slow motion was particularly painful.

And that OT is Exhibit A for why I dislike the current OT format. Watching Blues players under zero pressure cycle the puck back out of the Kraken zone into neutral ice is just tedious. It’s boring that it’s just “manufacture an odd man rush or net front scramble, else endlessly cycle in your own zone” anymore.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
One point, yay.

Gotta get that two goal lead over the line if you want those two points.

I'm also curious about the rotation in net from here on out.
D'Accord has been great, but you can't keep starting him 90% of the games unless you don't care about running him into the ground.

Anyways, two more until the all-star break while the Kraken are hovering around the playoff bubble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad