GDT: Jan 26 2019 | NHL All-Star Game (aka players we wish the Oilers had playing against each other)

Who will get another NHL job first?

• Total voters

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
More proof they need to just scrap these all-star games is happening at the Pro Bowl right now. I’ve only been watching for the last fifteen minutes or so but it looks like a cross between two hand touch and flag football. I haven’t watched a Pro Bowl in years so I don’t know how long it’s taken to devolve into this but it’s unwatchable. The players don’t care about this. Stop having them do it.
If the players want to get together and shoot the shirt with each other then throw them a banquet. That would have just as much to do with their sport than the game does now.
Football has been like this for years and it's mainly because in a regular game guys can have season ending injuries a lot easier than any other sport.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Football has been like this for years and it's mainly because in a regular game guys can have season ending injuries a lot easier than any other sport.
I know why they’re doing it. I just don’t see the point in playing a game that is so watered down from their regular product. It’s so much worse than what the NBA does and it even surpasses what the NHL all-star game has become. The only sport with an all-star game that resembles its regular product is MLB. That’s why I don’t see the point of doing them anymore. The games used to be real games and they were worth watching for that reason. Not anymore.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I know why they’re doing it. I just don’t see the point in playing a game that is so watered down from their regular product. It’s so much worse than what the NBA does and it even surpasses what the NHL all-star game has become. The only sport with an all-star game that resembles its regular product is MLB. That’s why I don’t see the point of doing them anymore. The games used to be real games and they were worth watching for that reason. Not anymore.
Make a good chunk of money though for a host City. I suspect the league probably does well on Jersey sales this year as well.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
So tough to give a rats ass about the All Star break. Hardly watched a thing. Its great for kids but it really is a farce designed specifically to sell the NHL product.
Glad its over.

/rant :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad