GDT: Jan 26 2019 | NHL All-Star Game (aka players we wish the Oilers had playing against each other)

Who will get another NHL job first?

• Total voters

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Instead of money the winning team's teams should have a lottery for which team gets to host it next year.
If players put in zero effort their fan bases can accuse their players of not caring about their respective team's fanbase.

I agree, this is a little too boring. Its like, who can score while trying the least including the goalie in some cases.

Reactions: thadd

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
They should just cancel the Allstar game. It's a snore fest, fans in the town pay to go and the players put in less effort than a preseason warm up.

Don't have to go full out but at least look like are trying to put on a good time for the fans.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
You want to look at a guy who gets what the event is look at Fleury the guy was literally up down up down on like 5 cross ice passes and was in position for every shot. Chances are going to come because the format is so open and non goalies are putting in meh efforts but if you don't even look like you're trying in goal it basically blows the air out of the entire event. I don't think a host division has ever been cut after the first game since this format came into effect.

Reactions: Aerrol

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I agree, this is a little too boring. Its like, who can score while trying the least including the goalie in some cases.

Whenever I see the All-Star game it reminds me if the South Park episode when there's an endless army of people around South Park standing outside asking for spare change.

It's just a cash grab.

Reactions: Raoul Duke

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
That puck and player tracking blows. Makes it look like I’m watching a video game. Newsflash: players have jerseys with names and numbers on them. I don’t need a f***ing name bar and arrow in the middle of the screen pointing to said player. The Foxtrax puck sucked then. Sucks now. This better be a user option because this f***ing blows. Looks more like it’s to help dumbass fans who can’t follow a black puck on white ice.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That was a typical Oilers game. Goalie lets in every remotely difficult shot. Players all overpassing, looking totally out of sync and questionable effort.

It wouldn't be complete without ripping McDavid's linemates Gaudreau and Pettersson for not scoring without him.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Johnny sprayed contaminated gatorade into everyone's mouth before the game. Only thing that explains it....

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

I'd honestly put this one very close to that. The number of painful to ear moments were very close. This chick today was intentionally messing up the tones in the middle lines of the anthem to make it all sound wrong.

I think this version is better than both:

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I'm so angry we're not in the last game, I want someone fired....How bout...Cal?

Last edited:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Whenever I see the All-Star game it reminds me if the South Park episode when there's an endless army of people around South Park standing outside asking for spare change.

It's just a cash grab.
I thought you were going to say the episode where all the teams were trying to lose so they wouldn’t have to play baseball anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad