GDT: Jan 22 Gm#5 BUF at WAS 7pm, MSGB

Member 308457

Go back to your globalism and your Euro soccer Krueger, you long-nose anteater. Leave us the F alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Carlson seemed to matchup with Jack line all night, noticed multiple erasures on Jack/Hall, time to split them up and have coaches pick their poison with top pair, Jack line or Hall line.

We all thought they'd be better apart anyway

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I’ll be the positive one. Coming away with 3 of 4 points this weekend isn’t a bad thing. Sucks when Washington is missing players but their team played harder than ours and earned the victory.

Next up it’s the Rangers and Devils who are definitely a step down from Wash and Philly.

Keep trying to get better every day.
How can you possibly spin being outworked as a positive? That's really REALLY bad. And the Rags and Devils are not a step down from a Caps team missing most of it's best players.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Carlson seemed to matchup with Jack line all night, noticed multiple erasures on Jack/Hall, time to split them up and have coaches pick their poison with top pair, Jack line or Hall line.

We all thought they'd be better apart anyway
I fought this idea a lot before but I’m coming around to.

Skinner/Jack/Sam
Hall/Staal/Cozens.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
How can you possibly spin being outworked as a positive? That's really REALLY bad. And the Rags and Devils are not a step down from a Caps team missing most of it's best players.
Because it’s game 5 with half our forward corps being new and despite them being down 4 key guys it’s the NHL. Good coaching and systems can have teams win short manned. Laviollette may be a HOF coach when it’s all said and done. He had his team more prepared tonight which is an issue. So let’s see how Sunday goes. If we see a good response, Jack moves his f***ing feet, and we win by a couple the mood changes around here real quick.

Hard work beats talents unless talent works hard. Our talent didn’t work hard tonight. That hadn’t been the case the last 3 games imo. Need to respond.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Krueger: not on my shift

Hall with Eichel
Slinner on fourth line
Dahlin on the bench
You’ll never get me to criticize Dahlin’s benching. He is one of the biggest reasons we lost tonight. Its amazing the free pass many of you give him. But other players you rip to pieces for a simple mistakes that don’t lead to goals against. .

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You’ll never get me to criticize Dahlin’s benching. He is one of the biggest reasons we lost tonight. Its amazing the free pass many of you give him. But other players you rip to pieces for a simple mistakes that don’t lead to goals against. .
Bench Dahlin < Put Kreuger on a plane back to Switzerland.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I’m not saying that he didn’t deserve the bench, I’m saying what Krueger will do. Ralph Krueger is the reason for Dahlin's terrible game, he kills him mentally.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Does anyone have the stats on how many times the Sabres turned the puck over? NHL.com only shows that we had 3 giveaways, but I saw at least 20-30.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Does anyone have the stats on how many times the Sabres turned the puck over? NHL.com only shows that we had 3 giveaways, but I saw at least 20-30.
3 GV + 5TK = 8 turnovers

The Sabres only had 2TK which could be interpreted as not playing the puck carrier aggressively.

Last edited:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
He can return to the team he was an assistant coach for in the early 90s!

Yes I literally just found that out.
I could see him slapping around an Amerks fan. The need it every now and then. :laugh: But attacking an assistant district attorney who was in a wheelchair probably got him banned from employment with the Sabres for life.
SLAP COULD DEAL CRUSHING BLOW TO TORTORELLA'S CAREER
Now a two-time offender, Rochester Americans coach John Tortorella is looking at a death blow regarding his employment opportunities with the Buffalo Sabres and his NHL career prospects.
The talented but temperamental coach delivered an open-handed blow to the forehead of a fan between periods of a Rochester-Albany American Hockey League playoff game earlier this week.
It was as stupid as it was ill-timed, but it was especially troublesome for Tortorella. Lest we forget, Tortorella was involved in a similar incident in Buffalo when he followed up John Muckler's fan slapping with a spirited attack on assistant district attorney Vince LoTempio in the stands in Memorial Auditorium.

Reactions: MarkusKetterer

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I could see him slapping around an Amerks fan. The need it every now and then. :laugh: But attacking an assistant district attorney who was in a wheelchair probably got him banned from employment with the Sabres for life.

Torts and Muckler slapped fans? No wonder why this team was decent in the early 90s! The players didn’t wanna be next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad