GDT: Jan 22 Gm#5 BUF at WAS 7pm, MSGB

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Sabres try for the third time this season to beat the Capitals.
ESPN, WaPo, and others have reported WAS may be without Ovechkin, Samsonov, Orlov, and Kuznetsov, who are on the COVID-19 list, and has fined the Caps $100k for violating social distancing protocols.
Probably won't matter to the game outcome, regardless of whether they play or not.
Feel free to post lineups as they are known.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
ESPN, WaPo, and others have reported WAS may be without Ovechkin, Samsonov, Orlov, and Kuznetsov, who are on the COVID-19 list, and has fined the Caps $100k for violating social distancing protocols.
Probably won't matter to the game outcome, regardless of whether they play or not.

Those players out doesn't have impact on outcome? Really?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Call me crazy, but I think Washington's gonna feel missing 2 of their top 3 forwards, a D who plays on their top pair, and their starting goalie.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Now we only have to worry about shutting down vrana and the rest could fall into place. A win isn't ever a guarantee, but if the sabres do win, then i won't feel bad about it because washington did this to themselves.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Those players out doesn't have impact on outcome? Really?

Call me crazy, but I think Washington's gonna feel missing 2 of their top 3 forwards, a D who plays on their top pair, and their starting goalie.

They didn't have that much of an impact on the outcome last time. Samsonov was probably the one with the most impact on the game of the 4, and he barely was tested. Yeah Ovie scored 2 goals, but he was not much of a factor outside of that. Orlov was a mess last time. Kuznetsov was invisible.

It was Backstrom, Oshie, Carlson, Vrana, and a few others outside those 4 that beat Buffalo, and are also usually the difference makers in Washington's games throughout the season.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
They didn't have that much of an impact on the outcome last time. Samsonov was probably the one with the most impact on the game of the 4, and he barely was tested. Yeah Ovie scored 2 goals, but he was not much of a factor outside of that. Orlov was a mess last time. Kuznetsov was invisible.

It was Backstrom, Oshie, Carlson, Vrana, and a few others outside those 4 that beat Buffalo, and are also usually the difference makers in Washington's games throughout the season.
You can't say that players on the ice with Ovechkin had an impact but Ovechkin didn't matter as if he doesn't draw attention on the ice. He's only an all-time top goal scorer. Taking four regulars out of a line-up can't not have an impact.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I remember a game last season wherein Washington's bottom six completely dominated and ran up the score on us.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
You can't say that players on the ice with Ovechkin had an impact but Ovechkin didn't matter as if he doesn't draw attention on the ice. He's only an all-time top goal scorer. Taking four regulars out of a line-up can't not have an impact.

I said he wasn't much of a factor, not that he wasn't one at all.

Of course teams need to gameplan for him, but when you watch the game, it was his linemates pushing the pace and the main factors of puck pressure and puck retrieval especially on the forechecking.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sabres going with Linus Ullmark in goal against Washington
The Sabres' goaltending of Ullmark, Carter Hutton and Jonas Johansson has a combined .881 save percentage. Only the Toronto Maple Leafs, Pittsburgh Penguins, Vancouver Canucks and Chicago Blackhawks are worse.

Ralph Krueger said Kyle Okposo is a game-time decision, but he’s more likely to play Sunday than on Friday. Okposo hasn’t played yet this season with a lower-body injury.

Cozens needs to let 'em know he's there or he'll be the guy coming out for Okposo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad