Injury Report: Jamie McGinn out “Indefinitely” After Back Surgery

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Sucks to lose
One of the only guys willing
To stand in front and throw a hit. And wouldn’t u know all the people whining over brower now have a reason. Goes to show for the millionth time fans don’t know **** about **** and there is always a reason management does what it does

Uh oh. Don’t pull at that thread.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Sucks to lose
To stand in front and throw a hit. And wouldn’t u know all the people whining over brower now have a reason. Goes to show for the millionth time fans don’t know **** about **** and there is always a reason management does what it does
:naughty::sarcasm::laugh:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
If I did the surgery..........he'd be back in 10 days. :laugh:

And if i did that operation his Career would be over.
But yes not sure if this is bad or good, or a Way to handle the Situation of contracts and Production.
For real im not sure we will miss much on him, when the young once can handle it and play with the Energy and will youth should have.
Then i seeing a hard Time for McGinn. Good for him, so he is ready for the next Team where he ends up next Season on the UFA market.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Sucks to lose

Hey, I was as confused as anyone as to why Brouwer was signed. Now it makes sense. BUT, does it make it a good signing? The answer is still no in my opinion.

At best, he should have been brought on as a PTO like Letestu. Also, there are better options (Mamin for example).

Even without McGinn, there were already plenty of options available. Arguably better options. As it is, this just serves as another roadblock in squeezing in players with the likes of Haley and MacKenzie still on the roster.

Should have been a PTO, not an actual contract right off the bat.

What if Letestu has a better camp? Do you sign him too and further create a logjam?

Reactions: Chaos2k7

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Hey, I was as confused as anyone as to why Brouwer was signed. Now it makes sense. BUT, does it make it a good signing? The answer is still no in my opinion.

At best, he should have been brought on as a PTO like Letestu. Also, there are better options (Mamin for example).

Even without McGinn, there were already plenty of options available. Arguably better options. As it is, this just serves as another roadblock in squeezing in players with the likes of Haley and MacKenzie still on the roster.

Should have been a PTO, not an actual contract right off the bat.

What if Letestu has a better camp? Do you sign him too and further create a logjam?

There’s no reason we can’t waive/demote Brouwer if Letestu or one kids out plays him though.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
The problem with Brouwer, isn't that we signed him. I'm fine with that. He's better than Mack, Haley and McGinn. It's just that people have no faith in Boughner actually playing the players that give us the best chance without playing favourite with veterans.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
The problem with Brouwer, isn't that we signed him. I'm fine with that. He's better than Mack, Haley and McGinn. It's just that people have no faith in Boughner actually playing the players that give us the best chance without playing favourite with veterans.

If he still plays Haley as much as last year then he should take the blame, makes no sense. I don't think he will since he just said he wants more production. Heck, I don't even care about the production but don't be a liability so the coach can at least put you on the ice in any situation.

MacK will play since he's the captain, not much you can do about that. It was a stupid move by the Rowe administration to sign him to that 3 year deal. Like what the hell, why do you give a 35 year old fourth liner that kind of contract? Idiots.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
So McGinn's cap hit can be LTIR'd? Saves us over $3 million no, so we would have over $5million in cap space? And more importantly opens a roster spot for a young gun.

It's still crowded, Brouwer essentially replaces McGinn and then there's Vatrano, Borg and Tippett.

But yeah he can be LTIRd. When he comes back they'll have to comply again with the salary cap but his cap hit will probably be like 50% of what it is now or less.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It's still crowded, Brouwer essentially replaces McGinn and then there's Vatrano, Borg and Tippett.

But yeah he can be LTIRd. When he comes back they'll have to comply again with the salary cap but his cap hit will probably be like 50% of what it is now or less.

Was just looking at capfriendly. Were at 24/23 roster limit but Hutchinson and McGinn are still listed in that 24. Tippett and Mamin are not listed in the 24.

Sit Haley as much as possible or give serious thought of sending him to SPR which frees up a spot to protect some of our new rookies . He can always be called up for grudge games?

Give Mack a fair amount of maintenance days/play him against lesser competition and maybe Letestu will fight for that 4C spot. If Letestu makes it, someone will have to be shipped down as well. Malgin can still move freely between AHL/NHL but I want him to get another 40-50games this year.

You got a lineup in mind?

Reactions: Kellyr

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA

I still have a tough time seeing Borg/Tippett making the roster. Obviously they have a goal to start the season strong. Don't see them wasting time giving Tippett 9 games/Borg "getting NHL feet wet" games to start the season. Kinda same with Mamin.

I think we just see Malgin/McCann/Vatrano/Sceviour/Brouwer/Dmac/Haley and maybe Letestu. Tallon can say the best 23 will make it but it will most likely just be the vets (including McCann/Malgin).

-ghoste

Reactions: Kellyr

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Was just looking at capfriendly. Were at 24/23 roster limit but Hutchinson and McGinn are still listed in that 24. Tippett and Mamin are not listed in the 24.

Sit Haley as much as possible or give serious thought of sending him to SPR which frees up a spot to protect some of our new rookies . He can always be called up for grudge games?

Give Mack a fair amount of maintenance days/play him against lesser competition and maybe Letestu will fight for that 4C spot. If Letestu makes it, someone will have to be shipped down as well. Malgin can still move freely between AHL/NHL but I want him to get another 40-50games this year.

You got a lineup in mind?

It really depends, I don't know if MacK is healthy enough to play much anymore. Also this:

Isn't that a bit weird? We always see letters on photo shoots. Maybe there's a change coming.

The top two lines are set, in the best case scenario the competition will sort the third and fourth line out during the camp & pre-season games. Worst case Boogie plays favorites like Haley or Brower just because.

I still have a tough time seeing Borg/Tippett making the roster. Obviously they have a goal to start the season strong. Don't see them wasting time giving Tippett 9 games/Borg "getting NHL feet wet" games to start the season. Kinda same with Mamin.

I think we just see Malgin/McCann/Vatrano/Sceviour/Brouwer/Dmac/Haley and maybe Letestu. Tallon can say the best 23 will make it but it will most likely just be the vets (including McCann/Malgin).

-ghoste

I don't see Tippett making it yet, too crowded. Borg would only benefit from being in the ahl, so that's totally fine with me. McCann deserves another go at 3C and is more proven.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
It really depends, I don't know if MacK is healthy enough to play much anymore. Also this:

Isn't that a bit weird? We always see letters on photo shoots. Maybe there's a change coming.

The top two lines are set, in the best case scenario the competition will sort the third and fourth line out during the camp & pre-season games. Worst case Boogie plays favorites like Haley or Brower just because.

I don't see Tippett making it yet, too crowded. Borg would only benefit from being in the ahl, so that's totally fine with me. McCann deserves another go at 3C and is more proven.

Tro stole it... I mean... Swole tro it

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Oh, do tell us of your inside info...
???

Did you not get my attempt at some humor? Or am I missing your point?

(You yourself provided one of the diagnoses in picture form.)

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
the injury makes the brouwer signing more understandable, but id so much rather have (along with no Mac this season):

Vatrano-Borgstrom-Malgin
Mamin-McCann-Sceviour

(or swap malgin and mccann)

i recognize its good to have depth but id rather focus on the depth after we put out our best lines. having mac, brouwer, haley, mcginn, sceviour makes up the bottom-5 of our 13 forwards. i like sceviour, but its different when you have 5 guys like this, especially when you have young talents like borgstrom, tippett, vatrano, malgin, mamin, even repo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad