Confirmed with Link: Jamie Erdahl to replace Naoko Funayama

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I've been impressed by the job Jamie has done with NESN and the Red Sox telecasts this year. I'm sure she'll be a huge success. I wish Naoko well in her new endeavors (motherhood?). She did a nice job. It wasn't easy replacing Rob Simpson.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I've been impressed by the job Jamie has done with NESN and the Red Sox telecasts this year. I'm sure she'll be a huge success. I wish Naoko well in her new endeavors (motherhood?). She did a nice job. It wasn't easy replacing Rob Simpson.

Very well said

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I love this chick hopefully she knows a little about hockey.

And lots of love for rob on here... He was a cool guy sat near where he stood one and chatted with him a lot. I was also like 15 then so I'm sure I annoyed the hell out of him but whatever

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I really liked Simpson, quirky but good, and he grew on you.

I don't get the Naoko love? I thought she was absolutely abysmal. Seemed like a nice lady, but nearly unwatchable.

Erdahl is cute. If she knows anything about hockey and doesn't sound like nails on a chalkboard, I am not sure how she would not be an immediate improvement on NF?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Jamie and Johnny getting wet

070313redsoxsc035.jpg

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Lovely. :toothless

Thanks NESN. Did it right.

...While I liked Rob Simpson, just too much wacky comedy for one broadcast while Jack is around...One more and we'd have the three stooges...Jack is more than enough comic relief...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't know who she is but I too miss Rob.

She has to be better at player interviews tha Naoko.

I`m clearly in the minority here of fans who think Naoko did what the job called for and what I see others in her position do which is ask creampuff questions that prompt cliche/creampuff answers.

I watch Elliot Friedman (who I like) on CBC do his between period stuff and it`s no different or hard hitting but then he`ll take part in the Hotstove discussions and I really enjoy his contributions.

The job calls for little more than filler stuff from what I see but who knows, I gotta face for radio;)

ed bruin

Feb 14, 2010
Newton
Maybe for some, as much as I appreciate beauty, I don`t tune in between periods in general anymore as I find the "interviews" mundane, hot or not:)

I to do not tend to watch the between periods interview because they are pretty boring but as you mentioned some really would tune in just for a beautiful telecaster and there is nothing wrong with NESN doing this

Agree 100% ODAAT, I'm wondering how do you feel about eliminating between period interviews altogether? I mean the players prob do not mind the interviews, but I'd venture to think they do not prefer them

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I was hoping she'd replace Dell on the Red Sox broadcasts, but this is a huge bonus for me. Love the move. Hated Naoko. She tried and she wanted to be good, but she wasn't.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I was hoping she'd replace Dell on the Red Sox broadcasts, but this is a huge bonus for me. Love the move. Hated Naoko. She tried and she wanted to be good, but she wasn't.

hey lonnie, it's ok to admit why you really like the hire :hockey:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad