Value of: Jamie Benn for free

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Lol, no one wants that bad contract.

Benn + Heiskanen for Drouin + Weber is my offer.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Weber for Benn would be fair, both have horrible contracts. Could give Montreal some size and Dallas could get their number 4 Dman. That’s an interesting idea honestly.

Obviously a one for one swap

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Thought this was a joke, but I suppose 6x$9.5 is pretty steep, especially if he's declining already

Weber for Benn would be fair, both have horrible contracts. Could give Montreal some size and Dallas could get their number 4 Dman. That’s an interesting idea honestly.

Yeah that trade sounds alright

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Except Weber is still a top pairing D while Benn is garbage. So if that qualifies as fair then it’s fair
Is he really though ?

With no disrespect, he seems like a number 4 now. Definitely ain’t a top paring guy to me anymore + would be the 4th best guy on the Stars D roster

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Is he really though ?

With no disrespect, he seems like a number 4 now. Definitely ain’t a top paring guy to me anymore + would be the 4th best guy on the Stars D roster

Look at the Habs record with him in the lineup vs out of it. He plays half the game. Produced offense and is a defensive stalwart. Ya, he’s still l top pairing!

As of today he is worth his salary

Hector Salamanca

Jul 20, 2013
Qc
yeh no, weber struggle half the time if not more, when playing vs top lane ... he still have a role, but his iq-playmaking abilities, are too bad to make him a good weapon on the pp at this point and in the new nhl. he cant really play 3v3 neither. weber is a very useful second paring dman on a real contender at this point.

i have no clue of the value of benn tbh, havent see him much the last 2 years.

Reactions: badboy1994

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Is he really though ?

So montreal gets size by trading the bigger player?

Dallas has 3 D that can play #1 shutdown role, log over 25 a night, and put up .5+ ppg?

Do you have some kind of credibility suicide pact with the guy who made the crazy offer up top?

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
yeh no, weber struggle half the time if not more, when playing vs top lane ... he still have a role, but his iq-playmaking abilities, are too bad to make him a good weapon on the pp at this point and in the new nhl. he cant really play 3v3 neither. weber is a very useful second paring dman on a real contender at this point.

i have no clue of the value of benn tbh, havent see him much the last 2 years.

Yeh no, Weber is still a top pairing dman. You guys sound just as stupid as the OP who wants to give Jamie Benn for free after 3 games

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Yeh no, Weber is still a top pairing dman. You guys sound just as stupid as the OP who wants to give Jamie Benn for free after 3 games

The OP is sane as Benn has been trending in this direction. The poster who proposed Weber is insane. Habs would never do something so stupid!

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

What, that's terrible. Weber is still a #1 dman, he carries his pairing vs high end opposition. His contract is 7.8M which is a bargain for his level of play. Towards the end of his career Nashville will want to trade back for him in order to avoid the cap recapture penalty.. so there's even more value to be gained there. On top of that D >>>>>> W.

Reactions: HabsQC

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
The OP is sane as Benn has been trending in this direction. The poster who proposed Weber is insane. Habs would never do something so stupid!

It's a rather quick reaction. I admit I don't have watch the Stars at all so far, but he can't be that bad that you want to give him up for free

Mr. Met

Nov 8, 2017
Benn and Heiskanen for Habs 2020 1st

Heiskanen is a cheap price to get rid of that god awful contract

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It's a rather quick reaction. I admit I don't have watch the Stars at all so far, but he can't be that bad that you want to give him up for free
His owner called him out last year for his crap play. This isn’t a nee issue. He has 6 years remaining on that crazy contract. This is an albatross happening before our very eyes.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

Nashville practically gave Subban away for free as well, he might not be far off. It's an interesting concept tbh. Benn is the type of winger that Montreal lacks (power forward) but i'm not sure if his playstyle fits our system well. I think he'd be a good compliment to Domi tho, would be a scary line to play against.

Reactions: CF Punk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad