Speculation: Jamie Benn: already demoted to 3rd line LW

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He's injured.

I don't think so. He was crap last year, and apparently has looked bad this year as well. My guess is it's a kick to his rear to wake up.
This is year 3 of his $9.5 mill cap hit contract. He's only 30 years old, coming off a 50 odd point season. If he doesn't crack 70 this year, I don't think you can expect him to do it in the final 5 years of his contract.

Dallas has an excellent Blueline. Question was their forwards. Do they have scoring depth, and can Benn rebound were their questions up front.

Reactions: super6646

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Most people are not aware that Benn scored at a ~55 point pace last season despite Seguin and Radulov hovering around a point per game. He is still a very good player but I would be very wary of trading for a guy at a $9.5 cap hit for 5 more seasons on the wrong side of 30. This is a big season for him to show he's still the 70-80 point guy we've come to expect.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I'd be spreading the lines against Detroit too.

They're one great line and then a bunch of trash. Especially with Athanasiou out.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Most people are not aware that Benn scored at a ~55 point pace last season despite Seguin and Radulov hovering around a point per game. He is still a very good player but I would be very wary of trading for a guy at a $9.5 cap hit for 5 more seasons on the wrong side of 30. This is a big season for him to show he's still the 70-80 point guy we've come to expect.
I would not bet on it

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
No changes to the lineup? So Gurianov will again barely get 12 minutes, and Benn will get just under 17 minutes?

If so, I wouldn't put much stock in which line Benn is on. Definitely wouldn't say his time is running short in Dallas.

Plus Dallas is playing Detroit. Albeit its only been one game but Wings 2nd and 3rd line has been meh. Benn, IMO, has never been a Wings killer, but he should get plenty of chances.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
He's injured.

I don't think so. He was crap last year, and apparently has looked bad this year as well. My guess is it's a kick to his rear to wake up.

Going the way of Morrow, physical players like Benn hit their decline sooner and much harder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad