Player Discussion Jamie Benn - 2014-2015 Art Ross Trophy Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Just now getting a chance to watch some of the skills competition stuff. Watching Benn's skill alongside these other guys really reinforces what we already know, he's legit.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Just now getting a chance to watch some of the skills competition stuff. Watching Benn's skill alongside these other guys really reinforces what we already know, he's legit.

It also reminds me that we dont really get to see all of it. How often do we see Jamie Benn fire a one timer or have any time to snipe a corner? If we had more competent puck handlers and passers we could see a significant increase in his goal scoring. At least we should have plenty of time to add to the supporting cast.

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
``If this kid was in Toronto, they'd be making statues of him."

-Bruce Boudreau-

lovin' it

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Just speculation but Modano seems to have a problem with the push the organization is giving Benn. The Ticket asked Mike if Jamie Benn was "the next Mike Modano" and without hesitating and in what you would think is Modano-tone he says "No." Now after seeing the Boudreau quote, he tweets in reply "ZZZZZZZ..." Could be misinterpreting him but I wouldn't be shocked if he was being a dick.

Obviously Benn isn't the next Mike Modano, but the team is marketing him as the next best thing.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Just speculation but Modano seems to have a problem with the push the organization is giving Benn. The Ticket asked Mike if Jamie Benn was "the next Mike Modano" and without hesitating and in what you would think is Modano-tone he says "No." Now after seeing the Boudreau quote, he tweets in reply "ZZZZZZZ..." Could be misinterpreting him but I wouldn't be shocked if he was being a dick.

Obviously Benn isn't the next Mike Modano, but the team is marketing him as the next best thing.
odd

Why did he include Souray in that tweet?

Maybe I should follow Souray finally :sarcasm:

My question answered...

Last edited:

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South

this is my surprised face: :amazed: really, other than when hitch turned the screws on the team pretty hard, when has mo ever shown character?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well there's certainly something to be said about whether or not Modano was the top U.S.-born player......especially if you're limiting it to forwards, lol. His numbers do make a convincing argument, IMO. But then when you factor in the Brimseks, Chelioses, or even Lafontaines, it gets somewhat muddier.

I guess some things never change......even after retirement, Mo finds a way to say something that gets people talking.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Don't get why he's being like that ..... maybe because he knows that Benn will be a better player than he was for this organization?

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
The more I learn about Modano, the less I like him. Great player (certainly not the best) But man he's a ****ing dick.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
He's definitely got "Foot In Mouth" disease.....he's had it for as long as I can remember.

The logic converter between his brain and his mouth (and in this case his fingers) seems to be.....missing. :laugh:

MetalGodAOD*

I just don't see why he wouldn't like Benn. He's always pissed when the Stars do badly, why would he not like their best player?

Brand New Stars

I just don't see why he wouldn't like Benn. He's always pissed when the Stars do badly, why would he not like their best player?

He probably feels threatened by the success Benn is having, and he should.

piqued

easy game
Nov 22, 2006
I'm sure Modano likes Benn well enough... he just likes himself more.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
I'm sure Modano likes Benn well enough... he just likes himself more.

As he always has.

Fact is, Mo's time is done and over with. Never going to be like it was. Benn's time is just starting and the fanbase has completely latched onto him as the future of the team. No surprise that he's at least a little jealous of it, especially when we know how Modano is for the most part. It's always been about him.

Jere26

Jul 12, 2011
Interesting to see what role Gaglardi will offer Modano inside the Stars organization. Some sort of fans' representative... ;)

ScubaSteve*

I'd be pissed, too. Comparing Benn to Modano is a huge reduction of Modano.

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
It suddenly all makes sense! ScubaSteve is Mike Modano!!!

rL8ti.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad