Waived: James Wright Claimed by Winnipeg Off Waivers

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I didn't realize he was only 22. Pretty good size for a C, haven't really seen him play for SA, so I can't comment on whether this was a significant loss or not.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Huge loss for the Rampage. Wright was our second line center and his departure leaves us extremely short handed down the middle.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
A huge loss for SA?

I didn't know 5 goals in 40 games was considered a loss.

Because everything about playing hockey effectively is about scoring goals.

It's huge because he's one of the few willing to go to the net. He's very good on the PK. But most of all, he's a center. And now, with him gone, we are left with Shore, a gimpy Timmins, and a guy that no one ever hard of before this Oct in Jared Gomes.

Losing a guy that plays a crucial position,when that position has little to no depth, is a huge loss.

CoolburnIsGone

It's huge because he's one of the few willing to go to the net. He's very good on the PK. But most of all, he's a center. And now, with him gone, we are left with Shore, a gimpy Timmins, and a guy that no one ever hard of before this Oct in Jared Gomes.

Losing a guy that plays a crucial position,when that position has little to no depth, is a huge loss.
I dunno...also half glad a center spot opened up for San Antonio. Would like to see David Pacan called up again from Cincinnati and he's got size (6'3" 210 lbs) and scoring abilities (29 pts in 32 games in the ECHL). I hope they do call him up now with Wright gone.

Heck maybe Santorelli gets sent to San Antonio when guys start coming back from injuries so that will help out with the center situation for the Rampage too. I have a feeling that will happen soon also since he probably cleared waivers too.

I was a little disappointed though that we lost Wright cause I thought he might develop into a nice 4th line center in the NHL. Oh well, the kid gets another shot at the NHL so cant be all bad and we clear a spot to make a move too.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

What about bringing in Pacan? He's big body center that does the same thing as Wright.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
What about bringing in Pacan? He's big body center that does the same thing as Wright.

I'm all for giving him a shot. I liked what I saw in the 3 games he was here.

I'm just a big believer in preferring what I know over what is possible.

I know Wright's game. He does a lot of the little things well. Hopefully Pacan (or someone else) can step in and fill that void.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I'm all for giving him a shot. I liked what I saw in the 3 games he was here.

I'm just a big believer in preferring what I know over what is possible.

I know Wright's game. He does a lot of the little things well. Hopefully Pacan (or someone else) can step in and fill that void.

Either way. It's an uphill battle to get that 8th spot.

TurboBrick

Mar 26, 2012
SATX
Either way. It's an uphill battle to get that 8th spot.

I was doing some calculations just to torture myself before the Lake Erie disaster. I figured that for the Rampage to get in to the playoffs on their own merits they'd have to finish the season at 0.690 pace. Not impossible, but the only two teams at the time above that mark were Syracuse and Toronto. Start hoping that the mid-pack teams have a total collapse and all games finish in regulation time.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Can't stand the Jets !

What a trash-can of an organization !

I liked Wright very much, could have been the next Matthias...

Those clowns ! :shakehead

so they're a trash can organization because they claimed a "potential matthias" off waivers from us?

that makes them clowns?

they claimed a guy whos scored 4 goals in the AHL (!) from us. it's perfectly legal...so i'm not sure why they're a trash-can organization or clowns.

this guy had no future here with several more talented players coming thru the pipeline. your description of him as a "potential matthias" speaks volumnes considering matthias is a borderline 3rd liner ATM.

the only team that's really affected by this is san antonio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad