James Wisniewski Appreciation Thread

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I just enjoyed watching him play.

His passing and vision of the whole ice was a wonder to behold at times. He could see plays developing and get the puck where it needed to be. His slap shot was extremely powerful and he could beat goalies from long range without a screen.

He could play a decent physical game as well. I've seen him be a very effective physical presence at times.

What I liked most about him was his creativity and unpredictability. He wasn't a cookie cutter player who could thrive in a cookie cutter system. He could make some of the most ridiculous and egregious mistakes, but they were more than balanced by his outstanding plays.

Best of luck to Wiz as he goes for a Cup with the Ducks. He's a powerful offensive force who just very well might be the piece which puts the Ducks over the top in their quest for the greatest trophy in sports.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
While everybody here thinks I have some unfounded "hate" for Wiz, I wish you would go back and see I was 1 of the very few guys who had his back during the Clutterbuck incident.

Are you kidding me? Is this your idea of a joke?

Virtually NOBODY here held that against Wisniewski. Virtually EVERYBODY here hated Clutterbuck for it, and dozens still do to this very day. Hell, it's a damn recurring meme with Portzline when suspensions are announced. It's akin to saying "I was one of the very few folks here who was happy when we made the playoffs last year." GOSH HOW SHOCKING.

"One of the very few guys". :rolleyes:

Hipster Letestu

Aug 2, 2009
Westerville
!@#$%^&

I wanted Wisniewski before we got him, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching him play while we had him. Genuinely good guy who plays like the Tasmanian Devil. A little wild, a little over the top, but when he was on his game he was our best defenseman.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Glad we had a chance to experience Wiz in Columbus. I wish him well in his playoff run which lies ahead.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Are you kidding me? Is this your idea of a joke?

Virtually NOBODY here held that against Wisniewski. Virtually EVERYBODY here hated Clutterbuck for it, and dozens still do to this very day. Hell, it's a damn recurring meme with Portzline when suspensions are announced. It's akin to saying "I was one of the very few folks here who was happy when we made the playoffs last year." GOSH HOW SHOCKING.

"One of the very few guys". :rolleyes:

You deserve more than a cookie for this.

Milk-Cookie-Shots-Recipe.jpg

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Pride, Accountability, Leadership, Class.

I will really miss #21, one of the most impactful Howson acquisitions.

I've never rooted for the Ducks in my life, but I'm sure I'll be watching them in April/May.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad