James Van Riemsdyk

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Jar is a huge problem. Killing his inmates.

5GJpGXq.png

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
apparently JVR got into a fight at practice today. Stewart must really be rubbing off on him. here's the video.

quebec-fat-fight.gif
Bet you even that guy could get to the boards to seal them off on the forecheck....

Last edited:
Reactions: bauer

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Yeh, he has been one of the 15 most productive NHL fwds over the last 5 years in terms of scoring, and has got in great positions every game so far this year.

I love the these hollow stats for a player who disappears in long stretches. It will hopefully help him to be moved at the deadline due to the kids playing well.

Reactions: Larry44

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I really like jvr with voracek though 3 coaches now seem not to. When he has a driving playmaker he can put himself into position to score. Right now I'd go with
G hayes farabee
Lindblom cooter tk
Jvr laughton voracek
Raffl pimp pitlick

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Yeh, he has been one of the 15 most productive NHL fwds over the last 5 years in terms of scoring, and has got in great positions every game so far this year.

You are rating JVR as a top 15 forward? He is terrible defensively and has had his effort questioned his whole career. He gets pushed around and will not strike back. JVR is what he is. A pigeon who will always put up #'s. He is at best when he is on the third line of a team and gets PP time. If you play him too much, he gets exposed. Stats are not the end all in analysis.

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
You are rating JVR as a top 15 forward? He is terrible defensively and has had his effort questioned his whole career. He gets pushed around and will not strike back. JVR is what he is. A pigeon who will always put up #'s. He is at best when he is on the third line of a team and gets PP time. If you play him too much, he gets exposed. Stats are not the end all in analysis.
I may be wrong, but I don't think @Appleyard ever stated he was a top 15 forward. "he has been one of the 15 most productive NHL fwds over the last 5 years in terms of scoring". That's a big difference. I do think you're right though about his usage. 3rd line with a playmaker and #1 PP duty.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

I did not say "top" 15. He is probably top 100... but not top 15. I mean, for me he is probably the Flyers ~6th best fwd.

However, he does "score goals" at a great rate. And he is objectively a very, very good EV scorer.

He averages 31 goals per 82 since 2012-13. He is 9th in 5v5 G/60 over the last 5 years. That is a useful asset even with his flaws.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->