James Sheppard

Bryzga lol*

So after starting off the season terribly (injured i heard), he seems to be tearing it up from what I hear. 20 goals, 32 assists in 31 games. Not too bad.

Anyone here see him play?

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
after a slow start he has been on FIREEEEE...

He got injured at the wild training camp, back injury, which slowed him down at the start of the year.

I saw him play twice in the past couple weeks on live feeds, he scored 3 one game and had like 4 points the other game. He looks to be the goods. Great all around player.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Sheppard is a freaking tank, with Bourdon on the Eagles they have to be the Q favorite to go to the memorial cup. Especially if Pavelec starts to regain his form of last year when he was the most impressive goaltender in the CHL.

Bryzga lol*

Was he on Team Canada?

No, he didn't even get an invite. But I guess the injury was bad for his preformance and he wasn't a stand out.

I wasn't aware of his injury and thought he might have been a bust (I know it was early, but 9th overall and not getting an invite is bad). Really glad to see him do so well.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
far from a bust......very far...

now if you wanna talk about potential bust picks from the wild....

AJ THELEN...

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
No, he didn't even get an invite. But I guess the injury was bad for his preformance and he wasn't a stand out.
He wasn't at all noticeable in the challenge series against the Russians, so presumably he wasn't healthy yet, hence Canada wasn't really able to invite him to the camp. It's great to hear he's back on track now, though! :handclap:

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
i have seen him twice recently and he is back to his usual self after the slow start, he is dominating down low again, throwing more hits and showing off his tremendous strength to go along with displaying his soft hands. Plus he should get lots of playoff and possible mem cup experience if the team can play up to its potential.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
now, in a hf article that was recently posted, he is considered a "project"...

can someone shed some light on that?
Here is some light, the writer hasn't the faintest clue what he is talking about. Sheppard is exremely complete offensively, defensivly and with the physical game.

SJFogDevil

Jan 8, 2007
Newfoundland
Like others have said he’s been on a tear as of late after a slow start due to an apparent injury. He’ll be a great power forward for the Wild in a few years to come, he’s no doubt got the size as of right now as he easily towers over most people in the ‘Q’ but he’ll just need a little work on playing against people closer to his size (like other NHLers) then he’ll surly become a true impact player.

Transported Upstater

I still want Sheppard... I still remember me raving, on and on about Sheppard.

Me too, man.

I remember you and I were two ringleaders in the "Relentlessly Pimp Sheppard For Your Respective Team's 1st Round Draft Pick" club.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
now, in a hf article that was recently posted, he is considered a "project"...

can someone shed some light on that?

I think the writer got caught up with Sheppard's slow start, maybe without considering he was still recovering from the injury. He has been absolutely dominant for the past month or so.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Yup. He's one fo the most complete players in the league right now (and has been for some time). If he was playing the way he is now back in November, I'd say he would have been a shoo-in for a spot on the Canadian team.

It is unfortunate that he had those back issues at the start of the season.

littleguybigstik

Feb 12, 2006
Dont think he participated in the summer camp which voids his invite to the winter invite. There is no exceptions for the canadian team.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
you are right, he was at the summer camp. Missed some of the time here in mn for it.

The_Hockey_Guy18

Dec 27, 2006
Halifax, Nova Scotia
James is a great player in the Q, and I can see him becoming a strong NHLer, but one thing I think James really needs to work on is his foot speed. I've watched him for a while now, and when he gets going, he can be the fastest player out there. It's hard for him to accelerate quickly though, because of the amount of blade he has on the ice. He has size 15 skates, which is bigger than your average human being, so it's hard for him to get going. If he could pick up his foot speed, along with honing the other parts of his game, I think James will be able to become a big, strong power forward for the Wild in a few years.

8baby*

I watch him every gasme for past 2 years.He is a horse.He can lterally casrry guys on his back to the net with the puck.He is really rolling now.

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
Sheppard is a freaking tank, with Bourdon on the Eagles they have to be the Q favorite to go to the memorial cup. Especially if Pavelec starts to regain his form of last year when he was the most impressive goaltender in the CHL.

besides Carey Price obviously:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->