James Sheppard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
James Sheppard is going to be the Jeff Carter of the 2006 draft. LaLaLaprise was right for hyping this kid up. He has been simply amazing in his last two games as a 16 year old since Dixon left. He has been the first star in both of the games. He is dominating play with and without the puck. He is first in the QMJHL for 16 year olds.

Strengths:
- His size, at 6`2 195 he is huge for a 16 year old, he should grow some more.
- His speed is at an extremely high level so far, he has the extra gear that Modano has.
- Sheppard has amazing hockey sence, he can allways create a play downlow.
- Allround game, Sheppard is good defensivly and is very physical.
- He has a nice quick and accurate shot.

He is only on the 2nd line right now, like Carter, he should dominate offensivly next season with a more experienced Eagles team that will have alot of young weapons.

QMJHLguru

Dec 11, 2004
Halifax
He is a great talent thats for sure, and with Dixon away he'll step up his game, both offensivly and as a leader on the team. He is for sure one the top 5 for the 2006 QMJHL Draft Class along with Benjamin Breault (Baie-Comeau), Derrik Brassard (Drummondvile), Jason Legault (Victoriaville) & Mathieu Carle (Bathurst). I would probably have Sheppard ranked 2nd or 3rd for QMJHL'ers for 2006 behind Breault who is my #1.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I watched last nights game. Best player on the ice and Halifax has 10 drafted players (although 2 werent playing because of U20).

The kid can do it all, I knew his offense would come around. He is smart, big and physical and will be wearing a letter next year for sure.

He has to be top 5 for 2006.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
QMJHLguru said:
He is a great talent thats for sure, and with Dixon away he'll step up his game, both offensivly and as a leader on the team. He is for sure one the top 5 for the 2006 QMJHL Draft Class along with Benjamin Breault (Baie-Comeau), Derrik Brassard (Drummondvile), Jason Legault (Victoriaville) & Mathieu Carle (Bathurst). I would probably have Sheppard ranked 2nd or 3rd for QMJHL'ers for 2006 behind Breault who is my #1.

Breault is small, that will hurt him for the NHL.

5'10 180, coming from the QMJHL....he wont go as high as his talent level.

James is 6'02 200 at 16, and he does everything NHL teams look for. The kid is already one of the best 2-way players in the league. He is hitting everything, he PK's he is the #1 center because Dix is gone, his offense has heated up, he is a leader.

I think he is leaps and bounds ahead of Benjamin Breault for the 2006 draft.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:

James is 6'02 200 at 16, and he does everything NHL teams look for. The kid is already one of the best 2-way players in the league. He is hitting everything, he PK's he is the #1 center because Dix is gone, his offense has heated up, he is a leader.

I agree that he's ahead of Breault at the moment, but Breault has way more offensive upside and will be in the top 5 Q players for the 2006 draft. I still take Brassard over all of them.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:

WJC in 2006? It would be fine to have him, AND, at the same time, one more QJMHL player ;)

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Leachmeister2000 said:
I agree that he's ahead of Breault at the moment, but Breault has way more offensive upside and will be in the top 5 Q players for the 2006 draft. I still take Brassard over all of them.

This is the NHL draft. Not a talent contest.

Since when have the most talented players gone first?

Breault is still small. And less of an NHL prospect because of that.

X-SHARKIE

I saw Sheppard a few times this year and one thing that really sticks out to me is just how mature this guy looks. He really plays beyond his years defensively and all around looks to be one smart guy. I didn't get to see him use his shot but I did see him show alot of playmaking ability and his speed is top level.

He's a talent.

QMJHLguru

Dec 11, 2004
Halifax
Where in the 2006 draft do you (as in anyone reading this) see him going ? 1-5th overall... 6-10th... so on...

and how would you ranked these guys... or add any players who are ahead of these guys...

Derrik Brassard - C - 6'00/170 - Drummondville
James Sheppard - LW - 6'02/200 - Cape Breton
Benjamin Breault - LW - 5'11/175 - Baie-Comeau
Mathieu Carle - D - 6'01/205 - Bathurst (late 87)
Jason Legault - RW - 6'01/215 - Victoriaville
J-C Blanchard - G - 6'04/180 - Moncton (late 87)
Joey Ryan - D - 6'02/190 - Quebec (late 87)
Jonathan Bernier - G - 6'00/180 - Lewiston
Peter-James Corsi - C - 5'10/170 - Val-d'Or
Alex Lamontagne - D - 6'04/205 - Bathurst

Last edited:

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Derrik Brassard - C - 6'00/170 - Drummondville - picks 25-40
James Sheppard - LW - 6'02/200 - Cape Breton - picks 1-10
Benjamin Breault - LW - 5'11/175 - Baie-Comeau - picks 30-100
Mathieu Carle - D - 6'01/205 - Bathurst (late 87) - picks 50-100
Jason Legault - RW - 6'01/215 - Victoriaville - picks 35-60
J-C Blanchard - G - 6'04/180 - Moncton (late 87) - picks 20-50
Joey Ryan - D - 6'02/190 - Quebec (late 87) - picks 20-35
Jonathan Bernier - G - 6'00/180 - Lewiston - picks 15-45
Peter-James Corsi - C - 5'10/170 - Val-d'Or - picks 60-undrafted
Alex Lamontagne - D - 6'04/205 - Bathurst - picks 60-90

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:
This is the NHL draft. Not a talent contest.

Since when have the most talented players gone first?

Breault is still small. And less of an NHL prospect because of that.

Which is why I said Sheppard was AHEAD of Breault. I only mentioned in the passing that Breault has some sicka ss skills.

PK*

A little off topic here, but I'd like to know how Sheppard's teammate Dean Ouellet has been playing in the last month or so. He seems to have been putting some fairly good offensive numbers (nothing earth-shaking, but better than I expected at the start of the season). How's his game ?

Thanks.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
PK said:
A little off topic here, but I'd like to know how Sheppard's teammate Dean Ouellet has been playing in the last month or so. He seems to have been putting some fairly good offensive numbers (nothing earth-shaking, but better than I expected at the start of the season). How's his game ?

Thanks.
He is one of the guys who has been steping up each and every game. He has been really impressive to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->