james sheppard article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Top 10...even if he doesn't produce he has the total skill set...it may take another year to put it all together. There isn't a part of his game that has a weakness.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Sheppard is far from dominating the Q so I don't know where he will be draft...

Hes not the type of player to score 100 points.

When you watch him for a few games you quickly realize that this kid is 17 and hes the smartest player on the ice in all 3 zones. Not to mention hes a great skater, he has a big body and he still has a high level of skill.

It is also impossible to take the puck from him. His puck control is similar to that of Crosby's...espcially down low and in the corners.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
LaLaLaprise said:
His puck control is similar to that of Crosby's...espcially down low and in the corners.

I'm going to call you on that. You did use the word similar, but comparing his puck control to Crosby's is still a stretch. He comes out with it a lot, but there is no real comparison there. Sheppard is among the best in the Q in that regard, but is not a clear, decisive winner in that category.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Daniel_Tkaczuk said:
I'm going to call you on that. You did use the word similar, but comparing his puck control to Crosby's is still a stretch. He comes out with it a lot, but there is no real comparison there. Sheppard is among the best in the Q in that regard, but is not a clear, decisive winner in that category.

You can call me on whatever you want :)

He never loses a puck battle and he is great at protecting the puck.

He isnt as "squirmy" when he has the puck but you still cant seperate him from it.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Simply put Sheppard is strong on his skates and super strong on the puck, can lay a good hit, mucks it up along the boards, a real leader, has great vision and passing, has soft hands around the goal, goes to the net. plays all three zones, he is just plain awsome, look for him to get around 80 points this year once he gets going. His only down fall is his lack of first step...he has deceptive speed, but he needs to get his first step up to par.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
scoutman1 said:
Simply put Sheppard is strong on his skates and super strong on the puck, can lay a good hit, mucks it up along the boards, a real leader, has great vision and passing, has soft hands around the goal, goes to the net. plays all three zones, he is just plain awsome, look for him to get around 80 points this year once he gets going. His only down fall is his lack of first step...he has deceptive speed, but he needs to get his first step up to par.
I think he is a little faster more physical version of Travis Zajac really. Very impressive player to have. I really hope NJ drafts him. Sheppard will really show his worth when he gets better linemates. A player like that need is ultra effective with star player on his line. Asselin and Ouellet will not cut it IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->