Celebrity Death: James Karen, 94

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I didn't recognize the name at all, but I instantly recognized the face.

He seemed to play a lot of characters who looked reputable on the outside, but were secretly a bit sleazy and quasi-villains, like his character in Poltergeist (a developer who knowingly sold a home built on an ancient burial ground).

6889350.jpg

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Great character actor and seemed a great guy

Met him as kid and he was very nice and seemed to love talking to fans about ROTLD or any movie (He listened and answered all my questions/etc about Return of the Living Dead with smile on his face)

I know for years he has gone the fan circuit at events for film and for screenings of film

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Incredible actor, very prolific and successful career. Poltergeist absolutely terrified me as a child, I have no idea how or why I watched it, but it absolutely ruined me, lol.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Incredible actor, very prolific and successful career. Poltergeist absolutely terrified me as a child, I have no idea how or why I watched it, but it absolutely ruined me, lol.

You watched it because it was rated PG and supposed to be OK for you, at least with a parent present. Kids of our generation were permanently scarred by all of the dark, scary movies with PG ratings that came out in the early 80s, before PG-13 was introduced. I had nightmares for two months because of 1980 Disney movie... a Disney movie. I'd rather not talk about that, even with a "therapist" (which is a bit amusing that you became).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad