James Dolan mailing address?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I plan on sending him a bill for my NHL Center Ice subscription. Anyone know where I can mail him?

Yes, I'm serious.

He lives in a beautiful area in Oyster Bay. Right on the water. Probably one of the largest houses in the area.

If you google his name and his house, the location is very easy to identify.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
I have worked for in a few offices/for people in the past who get bombarded with emails, phone calls, and letters throughout the year; much like I'm sure MSG/the Rangers/Dolan do. There are several ways you can actually get your message heard through the white noise:

- Your message is unique, particularly well written, or is conveyed in a way that catches the eye of the person reading it. This usually has more to do with chance and the particular person reading it than anything within your control. Though if you write a ****** letter, your message will undoubtedly be thrown in the garbage.

- Persistence. Be the 'annoying' person who sends a letter every day for a year. Call every single day. Not always the best route to take - but in extreme cases, it can at least get your message delivered. Downside is you may come off as a crazy person, limiting the impact of said message.

- Quantity. In my opinion, of the options that don't set you back monetarily, this is often the best route to take. If you were able to organize a sizable group of people to all send letters or make calls with the same exact message, often times the general message will be delivered. It cuts through the din of all the other random interactions and catches the attention of those who are filtering through the messages before they reach your target audience. Obviously you need more than just a few dozen; for this to be effective, depending upon the frequency with which the target is contacted on a daily basis, it could need to be anywhere from 50 to several hundred or thousand.

- Quantity and quality. Organize season ticket holders to make these calls / write these letters. The message will mean more coming from them. Make sure the ST holders also contact their sales reps and deliver the same message. If you have their sales reps all coming back with the same issues, it can get someone's attention.

- Buy a single share of stock in MSG company / Cablevision. Likewise, your message coming from a shareholder means more than a random fan. If you are really ambitious, attend the shareholder meeting if possible and make a fuss.

- Get media attention. Send your letter (addressed to Dolan) to Rangers beat writers. And encourage other people to do the same. Seriously. I would bet that it could catch their attention enough on a slow day to potentially be written up - especially if you get a number of people to do the same. Provides some controversy and conflict, which, unfortunately, reporters are always looking for to a degree.

Personally, the two routes I would choose are quantity (and quality if you know ST holders or shareholders) and media attention.

But whatever you decide to do, here you go:

http://www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com/our-company/leadership/james-l-dolan.html

Madison Square Garden
Two Pennsylvania Plaza
New York, NY 10121-0091

General Information
212-465-MSG1 (6741)

Investor Relations
212-631-5422
[email protected]

http://www.cablevision.com/about/leadership/james_dolan.jsp

Cablevision Systems Corp.
1111 Stewart Avenue
Bethpage, NY 11714-3581
516-803-2300 (Main)

Bret Richter
Senior Vice President-Financial Strategy & Development
[email protected]

Ken Martin
Director, Investor Relations
[email protected]

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=55322

NEW YORK RANGERS HOCKEY CLUB
2 Pennsylvania Plaza
New York, N.Y. 10121
PHONE: 212.465.6000
EMAIL: [email protected]

RANGERS SEASON SUBSCRIPTIONS
PHONE: 212.465.6050
EMAIL: [email protected]

These last few may be a bit outdated, but here you go anyway. If they are wrong, you can typically guess the correct email on a few tries; just use different combinations of first and last name/initials. Everything after the @'s should be up to date for these media outlets as far as I am aware.

New York Daily News:
Pat Leonard - [email protected]

New York Post:
Larry Brooks - [email protected]

New York Times - Slapshot blog
Jeff Klein - [email protected]

The Record and Herald News
Andrew Gross - [email protected]

Last edited:

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
The last comment I'll make for now is with regards to the content of your letter. Overall it looks great - but is missing one pretty important thing that could get it taken a bit more seriously:

As you have written it now, Dolan/MSG/Cablevision/NYR stand to lose nothing. You are asking for some money. Great. Ignored.

Demonstrating your hardcore fandom is great - but at the same time, it probably indicates that you aren't going to withhold much if anything from them. I'm not saying to take this stuff out - it is great stuff. But unless it is coupled with some real/credible threat of withholding something meaningful to Dolan (attendance at games, purchasing game center live, purchasing merch, watching games, etc), it could end up meaning little to him.

He stands to lose nothing as the letter is currently constructed. And that is not how you get his attention.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
There are teams that have not won championships in 40+ years, I think it would be a little bit entitled to stage a boycott/mass mailing fit over what looks like it could be only the 2nd missed playoffs in 9 seasons.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
There are teams that have not won championships in 40+ years, I think it would be a little bit entitled to stage a boycott/mass mailing fit over what looks like it could be only the 2nd missed playoffs in 9 seasons.

I actually agree with you but I have this image of Dolan in a board meeting after the publicly traded stock has gone down 5-10 points. He's enraged and so are the investors. This would make it very fun to boycott. In a lost season it'd be about the most Rangers related fun we could have!

richardsequalscup*

here's what i got so far.

Mr. Dolan,

I’m not a fool. I know the odds of you reading this are slim to none, however, to the person who is actually reading this, I sincerely hope you will forward this to Mr. Dolan.

Let me start off by introducing myself. My name is XXXXXXXXXXX. I’ve been a New York Rangers fan my entire life of 33 years. My love of hockey actually led me to meet my wife, a hockey fan and player herself. I live, eat, sleep, and breathe New York Rangers hockey. I’ve run a New York Rangers website since 2006. In short, I’m about as passionate a New York Rangers fan as you’ll meet….and I do all this, from Atlanta Georgia.

Yes, I grew up and lived in New York as a child, but when I moved to Atlanta my love of the Rangers followed me. Like many Rangers fan the ability to watch the sport using NHL Center Ice has been a gift from God. It became especially important when the ability to see my beloved Rangers in person was taken away from me by the Winnipeg Jets ownership group.

I’ve watched nearly every game for the past 20 years. I’ve watched Eric Lindros in a Rangers jersey, I’ve watched teams with Dave Karpa miss the playoffs year after year. I’ve seen John Tortorella get into a medieval joust with a Washington Capitals fan, and I’ve seen countless years of horrific hockey, and a few years of some brilliant hockey. 1994, 1997, and 2012 were some great years, and there have been many miserable years in between.

However, nothing, I repeat, nothing has been as awful to watch as this team has been this year. I feel as if watching my beloved team is actually causing me physical pain. After every game I get borderline nauseous watching this disturbing season unfold. In all my time as a Rangers fan I can’t ever recall a team that has been this pitiful offensively, this terrible defensively, awful in net, and, most frustratingly of all, I can’t recall a team that has lacked more in desire.

These guys don’t care.

So, I come to the point of this letter. I’ve never written to you, your company, or anyone in the Rangers or Cablevision organization. But today, that changes. Today, I am sending you a bill. Attached to this letter is an invoice for $159.96. The cost of my non-refundable subscription to NHL Center Ice. I’m not sure how you, in good conscience expect any die-hard fan to pay said bill while the team is performing the way they are on the ice. I pay for my subscription to watch New York Rangers hockey, thus far all I have gotten is some weird hockey snuff film. Watching my team get killed every night while asking me to pay 160 bucks is sick, it’s twisted, and it’s unacceptable.

Please remit payment by cash, check, or money order, we both know you’re good for it Mr. Dolan.

Kindest Regards,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Are you serious with this nonsense? So, you deserve a special refund if your team doesn't play well while the billions of other sports fans around the world get nothing? Gimme a break. There isn't a guarantee that the teams you cheer for will be good. You don't buy an NHL package or pay for cable and sign a contract that states, this contract is only valid if my sports teams don't stink. If you have gotten to that point where you have to write nonsense like that, jump ship and become a BlackHawks fan.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Are you serious with this nonsense? So, you deserve a special refund if your team doesn't play well while the billions of other sports fans around the world get nothing? Gimme a break.

Agreed - that's the risk you take when you pay the money. Don't like it? Don't renew next year.

A collection of well written letters from Rangers fans to Mr. Dolan expressing our concerns about the poor construction of this team? That I would whole-heartedly support. But writing a letter so that he can personally reimburse you for a service you paid for? It just comes off as selfish, immature whining.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
What a great idea!!! Mind if I borrow a couple key components in your letter for my own?

I'm a lot less eloquent,

Mr. Dolan,
You suck and you're *** up the Rangers!
-Me!

PS: I deserve a refund, here's my bill!

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Are you serious with this nonsense? So, you deserve a special refund if your team doesn't play well while the billions of other sports fans around the world get nothing? Gimme a break. There isn't a guarantee that the teams you cheer for will be good. You don't buy an NHL package or pay for cable and sign a contract that states, this contract is only valid if my sports teams don't stink. If you have gotten to that point where you have to write nonsense like that, jump ship and become a BlackHawks fan.

Agreed. This is just petulant whining.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'm having a tough time picturing Dolan refunding money paid to another party after a slow eight games.

TrueBlue9

Apr 23, 2007
Take it for what its worth, but friends of mine who worked on the renovation have told me Dolan has already reached break-even on the project. Talk about ROI!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->