NFL: Jalen Ramsey requests a trade

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
I think the Chiefs & Chargers both make a lot of sense if the jags are willing to deal to another AFC team.
Chiefs obviously will be contenders as long as Mahomes stays healthy and adding a top 5 CB would definitely help improve they're defence.
Chargers have been decimated by injuries in the secondary, should also be competing for a playoff spot plus Ramsey's best friend is Derwin James.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If Ramsey's press conference was any indication, dude is gonna be gone before Thursday night.

He says he and Marrone haven't spoken since the incident, lots of cursing, and a general demeanor of a guy who looks like he knows he's going to be leaving.

well the Jags being relevant was fun.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Please go to the Chiefs.

Sincerely,
Chiefs Fan

The Chiefs say they aren’t interest but I don’t buy it. Yes, it’s going to cost a lot. Yes, it’s either just a rental or something has to give with salary in the future (Chris Jones? I guess we could franchise him for a year or two?).

But let’s be honest, as long as Mahomes is QB and Reid is calling plays, we can plug a bunch of speedy non-1st round picks into the offense and be just fine in the long-run. But will this defense, specifically secondary, be just fine versus Brady in January? While there were some encouraging signs against the Raiders - that was still Derek Carr. And while I think the defense is definitely better than last year - everything about the Patriots also looks better than last year.

I’m not expecting this to happen but Tyreke (who seemingly had bad blood with Jalen) already have his approval on Twitter. This would be the ultimate football response to the Pats landing AB and would make anything but a Pats-Chiefs AFC title game rematch a big surprise.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
If I’m the Saints, I’m all in for Ramsey. Pairing him with Lattimore would be deadly, because Eli Apple/PJ Williams are horrible and get picked on each and every play.

Now that Brees is out, for what seems like 6 weeks, landing a pro bowl corner would be a smart move by Loomis.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Please go to the Chiefs.

Sincerely,
Chiefs Fan

The Chiefs say they aren’t interest but I don’t buy it. Yes, it’s going to cost a lot. Yes, it’s either just a rental or something has to give with salary in the future (Chris Jones? I guess we could franchise him for a year or two?).

But let’s be honest, as long as Mahomes is QB and Reid is calling plays, we can plug a bunch of speedy non-1st round picks into the offense and be just fine in the long-run. But will this defense, specifically secondary, be just fine versus Brady in January? While there were some encouraging signs against the Raiders - that was still Derek Carr. And while I think the defense is definitely better than last year - everything about the Patriots also looks better than last year.

I’m not expecting this to happen but Tyreke (who seemingly had bad blood with Jalen) already have his approval on Twitter. This would be the ultimate football response to the Pats landing AB and would make anything but a Pats-Chiefs AFC title game rematch a big surprise.
KC without their 2nd pick so they can get beat out in a trade.
Have to give him a new deal for next season which he’s full value for so not an issue.

As for tagging guys, players are beginning to stand up to teams who are not investing in them long term.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Vikings being on that list is interesting. They don't have a lot of cap space moving forward and would probably need to move Rhodes in this deal or another one. It makes sense though with Rhodes no longer consistently playing like a top CB. Waynes and Alexander are also free agents after this season.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
He'd be a great addition.
No idea how Seattle makes the list considering they already added Clowney, only so much money to go around.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Raiders still make a lot of sense to me. A team like the Chiefs should also do whatever it takes to get him.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I'm surprised DeCosta's name is still in there given how much he likes picks but I'll take it.

I'd basically trade multiple of any players not named Humphrey, Andrews, Stanley, (Marquise) Brown and Jackson to get in on this with an extension in place.

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Man would Jalen look nice in a Philly jersey.

If the Chiefs or Ravens get him, whoever does will get the 2 seed in the AFC IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->