Jakub Voracek #1 at ISS

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
He was #4 or #5 in the March rankings so that is a pretty big jump. I know he has been playing very well in the playoffs but do you guys think he should be ahead of guys like Kane and Cherepanov?

Does he have as much potential as some of the other top players?

From what I have seen(very little) and read about Voracek it sounds like he is very very similar to Anze Kopitar when he was drafted. What do you guys think about that comparison?

Strengths - Excellent vision, passing and hockey sense. Good positioning in the defensive zone. Has played very well so far in the playoffs. Good acceleration and good balance. Isn't afraid to go into the corners and battle.

Weaknesses - Needs work on his first few steps, ok shot but nothing special.

ISS Rankings:
1. J. Voracek
2. P. Kane
3. A. Cherepanov
4. K. Turris
5. J. Van Riemsdyk
6. K. Alzner
7. S. Gagner
8. M. Mayorov
9. K. Ellerby
10. L. Couture
11. A. Esposito
12. C. Gillies
13. N. Petrecki
14. J. Andersson
15. A. Plante

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
Voracek is a top end talent, and he was also rated first earlier in the season, he can flat out dominate games...

Because i dont see much, its hard to form a solid idea, but he didnt perform at the world juniors, on my list he just jumped to 2nd, behind Kane, though its really close and Voracek might have the edge by seasons end, because of his size and ability to go in the corners...

He could be an amazing player, and soon...

Bucket

Nov 26, 2006
Canada
Arg...I was hoping he would slip so the Oilers could pick him up in the 4th or 5th spot...

OilerOlli*

Bäcklund not in the Top30, Aliu at 19th after his suspension, Gillies at 12th, Couture at 10th, Sutter at 20th...I better say nothing about it.
Only that it won't happen in the real draft.

OilerOlli*

What has Backlund done to deserve being in the top 30?

I know he has not a great year, but he had some injury problems. Last year he was very good for his age, and he has tons of skills. I am sure that I wouldn't prefer guys like Gratchev or Doyle over him...

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
When is he expected to be ready for the NHL, next year, or will he most likely go back to the Q for another year?

Also, I was just wondering, how exactly do you pronounce his name? Is it Jay-cub Vore-ass-ick, or Yaw-cub Vore-uh-check, or what?

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Well, more Yah-kub, as in Klepis, and Kindl, for example. Pronouncing it like English Jacob would almost be the equivalent of calling Jagr "Jerry Jagger".

Jay-cub is how the announcer and the media guys (as well as most of the other staff and scouts) refer to him at the Mooseheads games....
It's not exactly like Jacob, a softer ending to it.

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings
Bäcklund not in the Top30, Aliu at 19th after his suspension, Gillies at 12th, Couture at 10th, Sutter at 20th...I better say nothing about it.
Only that it won't happen in the real draft.

We agree with you. :huh: You say?

Well, we are not saying that these players will be picked in the spots where we rank them. We are only saying with this set of rankings that we think Voracek is the best long-term pro prospect and so on.

Not all NHL teams subscribe to our report and those that do certainly don't take our word as gospel. We're just part of their information package used to make their selections on draft day.

Having said that, ISS rankings and our mock draft, which we will do in our draft preview, are two different things.

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
Question for ISS:

At this point, do you see any "tiers" in the draft?

The general consensus I've seen, at this point, seems to indicate that the top 4 are starting to separate, do you agree that there is a clear divide between 4 and 5 OV, or do you think it's more of a gradual thing with Van Riemsdyk not being significantly behind the (perceived) top 4?

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
The Mooseheads announcers I've heard call him Vour (like 4) Ah (like "say ah") check, with the emphasis on the "AH". vor-A-cek.

This is correct, and his first name is something like Yu ("mud") koob ("put").

Edit: Although the "V" in his surname is indeed "V" not "F"; so it's more similar
to "worm" instead of "four".

Last edited:

OilerOlli*

We agree with you. :huh: You say?

Well, we are not saying that these players will be picked in the spots where we rank them. We are only saying with this set of rankings that we think Voracek is the best long-term pro prospect and so on.

Not all NHL teams subscribe to our report and those that do certainly don't take our word as gospel. We're just part of their information package used to make their selections on draft day.

Having said that, ISS rankings and our mock draft, which we will do in our draft preview, are two different things.

So attitude for examplel doesn't matter in your lists?
Everybody knows that Aliu for example won't be picked in the first, and pobably not even in the 2nd round...because of his suspension and problems with ius teammates etc.

blah

Jun 24, 2003
So attitude for examplel doesn't matter in your lists?
Everybody knows that Aliu for example won't be picked in the first, and pobably not even in the 2nd round...because of his suspension and problems with ius teammates etc.
He's ranking them based on potential. This list isn't a mock draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad