Prospect Info: Jakub Kos (2021, #184 overall), Ilves (Liiga/U20)

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
WOOOHOO!!!! First Czech pick by us since 2008 I think!!!
Don't know much about Kos except that he was okay (not great) for us at the U18 WJC. Also, past Kometa guy (my Czech team) though he moved to Finland before he reached Extraliga.
Finnish people, any info?
FWIW, Kometa has possibly the best development program in Czechia (most of the Czech NHL prospects come from there unless they leave for a foreign league). That said he's been in Finland for two years so it's been a while.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
WOOOHOO!!!! First Czech pick by us since 2008 I think!!!
Don't know much about Kos except that he was okay (not great) for us at the U18 WJC. Also, past Kometa guy (my Czech team) though he moved to Finland before he reached Extraliga.
Finnish people, any info?
FWIW, Kometa has possibly the best development program in Czechia (most of the Czech NHL prospects come from there unless they leave for a foreign league). That said he's been in Finland for two years so it's been a while.

The same route that Lukas Dostal took to NHL. He also came from Kometa to Ilves. However, Dostal started to play in Liiga straight away as a 18 year old goalie whereas I've never heard the name Jakub Kos before. He has played in U20 liiga and hasn't scored so many points. So nothing like how he played in the Czech Republic where he was a top scorer. I think that he'll get an opportunity this year to play some adult games at Ilves and we'll see. Looks like it's gonna be a long way to the NHL.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Heading to extraliga after being in Finland. Going to Kometa. Can't see that ending the best tbh.

I'm honestly not sure if this is a lateral move, promotion or backward step.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
34 games with Kometa. Was that due to injury or coach's preference. With Monetary eliminated from the playoffs and his contract ending is he likely to receive an entry level contract or at the least receive an AHL ATO?

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
34 games with Kometa. Was that due to injury or coach's preference. With Monetary eliminated from the playoffs and his contract ending is he likely to receive an entry level contract or at the least receive an AHL ATO?
Didn't he have a neck injury last year That was fairly serious?

I doubt the panthers sign him to a contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad