Jakub Kindl

Oct 18, 2006
How do you see this young defenseman panning out? As a Red Wings fan I’m hoping he can develop into a top pairing defenseman, but what do you see him becoming in the future?

Kitchener has conceded only 2.80 goals per game this season, the second lowest in the league. I’m not exactly sure how much that can be attributed to Kindl, but it’s not a bad statistic. Kindl has 47 points in 45 games this season, which puts him 8th for defenseman in scoring. He played quite a few less games than those above him because of the WJC.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/statdisplay.php?type=top_scorers&subType=1&season_id=29&&leagueId=1&lastActive=&singleSeason=

Jakub is also +21, a career high to this point, and has 109 PIM’s. Is his development on cue and how do you think he will fare in the NHL?

bergo

Jan 20, 2007
his plus minus and point production during the playoffs is very concerning

Oct 18, 2006
his plus minus and point production during the playoffs is very concerning
That's all you've got to say?

Yes he's been a non factor in the playoffs to this point, but let's see how he fares this season.

bergo

Jan 20, 2007
if a junior player folds in the playoffs, how will he react when he plays in the NHL
But i do agree, lets see how he does this year

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
i am a Jakub Kindl homer. I think he is by far one of the most underrated proposects on these boards. I have seen him play many times at the JLC and at the Aud, and he is awesome every single game. You have to see him play live in order to realize how important he is, watching him on tv isnt the same. He does little things right, solid positioning in his own end, very huge, very good skater, very mature, always makes the smart decision under pressure, and is always so calm with the puck , never panics. He also makes good rushes up the ice with the puck, accurate shot from the point (accuracy instead of power in this case).

imo, he is a poor man's Nick Lidstrom. In the NHL, he will become a solid number 2 - 4 defenceman, depending on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad