Prospect Info: Jakob Pelletier, Left Wing, 26th Overall

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
So after a nice start on opening weekend where he got 5 points in 2 games Pelletier only had 1 point in his 2 games his weekend. Currently he's pacing for the same results as last year but I wouldn't be surprised if he breaks out and starts ripping up the QMJHL.

He's shooting only 5% so far with 20 shots in 4 games (his shooting percentage in his career is 16%) and he has 11 dangerous shots for 5th in the QMJHL. On top of that Val'dor has somehow only managed 8 goals in 4 games so far so he's been in on 75% of their goals.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Pelletier is currently on an absolute heater in the Q. He has 11 points in his last 5 games which includes going pointless last night. He currently leads the league in assists per game, and is 4th in points per game while being younger than everyone above him. All this with nobody on his team producing anywhere close to the rate he is, although it should be noted he’s playing on the best team in the league. Between this and his WJC performance it’s hard not to be excited about this kid right now.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Future Watch 2021: The NHL's Top 10 Rising Prospects

2. JAKOB PELLETIER, LW, CALGARY FLAMES (+31)
Last year: 74th
This year: 43rd

The Flames have too often been called out for listless play this season. Pelletier, then, will soon provide a helpful tonic in the form of tremendous character, competitiveness and natural leadership skills. He can do a little bit of everything. With shifty puck skills, a good shot and strong playmaking ability, he’s a balanced offensive weapon worthy of his first-round draft status in 2019, but he handles any assignment thrown at him, including shutdown duty for Canada at the 2021 WJC. Because he’s so versatile, he doesn’t have to immediately play on a scoring line to make the Flames. It wouldn’t be a surprise to see him break camp with them in 2021-22.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
If you look at the list, Pelletier moved up just 1 fewer spot than #1 on the list and that guy moved up on lesser players than Pelletier. I really feel like Pelletier, Boldy, York and Kaliyev are the most impressive risers.

In the games I watched Addison play, the kid is a stud. Pens f***ed up by trading him away PLUS a first for Zucker. Zucker has 14 points this season, Jankowski (albeit in more games) has 11 points, only 3 behind. Thank f*** the fax machine broke on trade day and we didn't trade our 1st (Zary or Pelletier I can't remember what year we tried to get him) away for Zucker.

Pelletier reminds me of Mangiapane in playstyle, both smaller players but absolute bulldogs who aren't afraid of anyone and willing to muck it up with anyone. He is stronger on his feet though than Andrew who seems to be on his ass at least once a shift.

Pelletier-Wright-Tkachuk
Zary-Bedard-Lindholm

is going to look BEAUTIFUL in 2023.

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
In the games I watched Addison play, the kid is a stud. Pens f***ed up by trading him away PLUS a first for Zucker. Zucker has 14 points this season, Jankowski (albeit in more games) has 11 points, only 3 behind. Thank f*** the fax machine broke on trade day and we didn't trade our 1st (Zary or Pelletier I can't remember what year we tried to get him) away for Zucker.

Pelletier reminds me of Mangiapane in playstyle, both smaller players but absolute bulldogs who aren't afraid of anyone and willing to muck it up with anyone. He is stronger on his feet though than Andrew who seems to be on his ass at least once a shift.

Pelletier-Wright-Tkachuk
Zary-Bedard-Lindholm

To be clear I am just saying their rise is more impressive because they had to surpass higher ranked players. It's always harder to move past #3 to become #2, than it is to pass #50 to become #49

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Pelletier-Wright-Tkachuk
Zary-Bedard-Lindholm

Hate to break this o you but the Flames aren’t bad enough to draft that high with Tkachuk and Lindholm still on the team.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Depending on what happens with our roster this off-season, I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Pelletier make it. But it’s going to be tough with Darryl, any rookie is really going to have to play a complete and consistent game before he trusts them to play every day. But Pelletier is that kind of player, I expect him to start in the AHL and be up playing by mid season.

As a comparison, look at what Sutter is doing with Andersson and Valimaki. They’re really going to benefit from being coached by him in the long run.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hate to break this o you but the Flames aren’t bad enough to draft that high with Tkachuk and Lindholm still on the team.

You take Johns, Gio and Monys points off this team... not sure we have a much better roster than a team like Buffalo tbh.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If Ward was still the coach, I'd tend to agree.

Sutter's done more, with less.

Hard to get blood from stone though. He’s a great coach, but you’re giving him truly nothing. This team can’t score or defend... take 3 of its top 7 scorers... you got a stew going baby.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Just imagine Sigalet and Co. with Markstrom for another 2 years, we have Bedard in the bag boys. It's astounding how much his play has fallen off after the first 10 games of the season. Forget signing goalies, try and poach Vancouver's goalie coach. Marky goes from Vezna contender to letting in a weak goal or two every game now.

Sutter with 2 years of veteran D-Men like Stone and Nesterov, we are definitely as bad as the bad teams. Gaudreau leaving the season prior to Bedard's draft, Monahan's play falling off a complete cliff this year, just imagine in two years with no Gaudreau. Backlund 2 years older, our non-existent bottom 6 + Lucic.

There is a strong chance we are pretty terrible the next two years. If management/ownership weren't morons, they'd look at the next 2 drafts, see how stacked they are at the top end (forget Wright and Bedard, you also have Lambert and Michkov (who could be even better than Bedard)) and go full tank. The core you have hasn't turned out, don't waste anymore time trying to add pieces, blow it up and start over while you know stud generational prospects could be yours.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Just imagine Sigalet and Co. with Markstrom for another 2 years, we have Bedard in the bag boys. It's astounding how much his play has fallen off after the first 10 games of the season. Forget signing goalies, try and poach Vancouver's goalie coach. Marky goes from Vezna contender to letting in a weak goal or two every game now.

Sutter with 2 years of veteran D-Men like Stone and Nesterov, we are definitely as bad as the bad teams. Gaudreau leaving the season prior to Bedard's draft, Monahan's play falling off a complete cliff this year, just imagine in two years with no Gaudreau. Backlund 2 years older, our non-existent bottom 6 + Lucic.

There is a strong chance we are pretty terrible the next two years. If management/ownership weren't morons, they'd look at the next 2 drafts, see how stacked they are at the top end (forget Wright and Bedard, you also have Lambert and Michkov (who could be even better than Bedard)) and go full tank. The core you have hasn't turned out, don't waste anymore time trying to add pieces, blow it up and start over while you know stud generational prospects could be yours.

To me, a clear loser, the right move it to not win a single game the rest of the year, finish 8th last (unless the hockey gods want to bless us this year too) start the selloff this summer.

Gaudreau out for a first and a really good prospect.
Monahan out for a first and whatever else people want to throw at us.
Gio off to Seattle to captain this inaugural season of the Kraken.

Send Zary and Pelletier to the AHL. Keep the guy we picked high this season in his designated league. They should not see the light of the NHL next season. Let them absolutely torch the AHL like they were primed to do before the CHL opened back up.

Our lineup:

Tkachuk - Lindholm - Mangiapane
Lucic - Backlund - Dube
Trash - Trash - Trash
Trash - Trash - More Trash

Hanifin - Tanev
Valimaki - Andersson
Kylington - Trash
Trash

Markstrom
Trash

How is this not in contention for first overall next season?
This has bottom team written all over it.

The year after? You ask?

Matthew Tkachuk - Shane Wright - Andrew Mangiapane
Jakob Pelletier - Elias Lindholm - Dillon Dube
Connor Zary - Mikeal Backlund - Kent Johnson/Fabian Lysell

Absolutely solid top 9. Top end talent. Great two-way centres. Youth, speed and skill on the wings. Best part? They're not good? Position themselves for another top 5 pick.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
To me, a clear loser, the right move it to not win a single game the rest of the year, finish 8th last (unless the hockey gods want to bless us this year too) start the selloff this summer.

Gaudreau out for a first and a really good prospect.
Monahan out for a first and whatever else people want to throw at us.
Gio off to Seattle to captain this inaugural season of the Kraken.

Send Zary and Pelletier to the AHL. Keep the guy we picked high this season in his designated league. They should not see the light of the NHL next season. Let them absolutely torch the AHL like they were primed to do before the CHL opened back up.

Our lineup:

Tkachuk - Lindholm - Mangiapane
Lucic - Backlund - Dube
Trash - Trash - Trash
Trash - Trash - More Trash

Hanifin - Tanev
Valimaki - Andersson
Kylington - Trash
Trash

Markstrom
Trash

How is this not in contention for first overall next season?
This has bottom team written all over it.

The year after? You ask?

Matthew Tkachuk - Shane Wright - Andrew Mangiapane
Jakob Pelletier - Elias Lindholm - Dillon Dube
Connor Zary - Mikeal Backlund - Kent Johnson/Fabian Lysell

Absolutely solid top 9. Top end talent. Great two-way centres. Youth, speed and skill on the wings. Best part? They're not good? Position themselves for another top 5 pick.

One change. If we're moving people out we should really try and develop Dube as a center.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Or Backlund, it's not like Dube is a legitimate top 6 forward at the moment.
Monahan has impeded any kind of top 6 promotion for a few. I’m honestly shocked that Mangiapane was finally able to fight his way into it. Dube still needs work, but I’ve liked the progress.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->