Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
"We want you to work on some stuff in the AHL."

source.gif

You know like all dree zone.

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
If Pelletier doesn't make the cut for the WJ Championship whoever is doing the cutting should be fired.

It doesn't look like Pelletier will even participate in the WJC camp as he was injured this past Thursday in a game versus Victoriaville.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I was worried about his injury but apparently its not too serious but serious enough for him to miss the Canada WJ selection camp... and they have a rule that if you're not at the camp you won't be on the team. Sucks that he won't be playing for Canada but glad to hear that he won't miss too many games due to the injury.
Here's twitter post showing his "lower body" injury. He got injured but he was still able to skate off the ice under his own steam...

Jakob Pelletier to miss World Junior camp with injury

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Missing the WJC will likely nullify any hype surrounding him heading into next season. At least, I would expect as much since the inverse is usually the case and the WJC usually ups the hype around a player when they perform well.

I think he’s still being underrated or ignored by the majority. I really think Flames have a good one here and throughout his career I’m expecting him to outperform many of the forwards drafted prior to him in the 2019 draft. Would easily prefer him to Foote, POulin, Etc.. And I really think he could turn out better than Boldy and Podkholzin. I think he and Tomasino will both turn out to be huge steals in that draft when all is said and done.

Maybe a Marchand comparison in style is lazy, but I really do see a lot of similarities. Certainly think he will end up a top 6 forward in the NHL. Still to be determined whether he’s more 1st line or 2nd line material though. Would love to see him next a line with Lindholm and whomever. I absolutely think he will be playing for the Flames at some point next season.

As a Ranger fan, I think I actually prefer him to Kravtsov. I’m sure that will get a lot of disagreement, but I wouldn’t at all be shocked if he turned out to be the better NHL player. How about Kreider for Pelletier and something else? Guess Valimaki would be too much to ask? I’d throw in Hajek heh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tkachuky

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
You'd want Pelletier and Välimäki for UFA to be Kreider? I know it's Christmas but you are not gonna get that

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Maybe a Marchand comparison in style is lazy, but I really do see a lot of similarities. Certainly think he will end up a top 6 forward in the NHL. Still to be determined whether he’s more 1st line or 2nd line material though. Would love to see him next a line with Lindholm and whomever. I absolutely think he will be playing for the Flames at some point next season.

As a Ranger fan, I think I actually prefer him to Kravtsov. I’m sure that will get a lot of disagreement, but I wouldn’t at all be shocked if he turned out to be the better NHL player. How about Kreider for Pelletier and something else? Guess Valimaki would be too much to ask? I’d throw in Hajek heh.

Marchand is very strong for a small guy. How is Pellitier strength? Weak guys may get away with it in Junior but the NHL is a lot tougher.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Marchand is very strong for a small guy. How is Pellitier strength? Weak guys may get away with it in Junior but the NHL is a lot tougher.

Pelletier was mentioned as being a weird skater. Like in the draft video I watched, they said he gets knocked down easily, but he bounces back up faster than most guys have ever seen and keeps going. So it's a weird comparison. He's not necessarily strong on his skates, but people trying to trounce him and push him away from his destination are supposedly going to have a hell of a time achieving that, which kinda negates the strong on the skates thing. IMO, how the scouts or coaches were trying to describe the way he stays on his skates was like... flubber or something.

The pure Marchand comparisons are odd. I've never seen a pure Marchand comparable of Pelletier. Most of what I saw was a Marchand + Gallagher love child and I seem to recall that he was compared to Gallagher in the draft videos (hoping my memory serves correctly).

I think we got a really good one in Pelletier. I am really interested in seeing how he develops.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
That's a weird way to spell Rasmus Andersson

Andersson was a well rounded prospect when we acquired him... so he needed consultation from a dietician. ;)

Tkachuk/Mony/Bennett straight NHL, maybe semantically kinda skipped the whole prospect thing per the other guy?

I think I'd still argue Valimaki over Pelletier, but Pelletier is for sure one of the best pure prospects (essentially blue chip from draft) we've had in a long time.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Are you saying he is a bust like Baertschi?

Baertchi is more damaged goods than pure bust IMO. It was his poor attitude that kept him out of the line up Josh Ho Sang style, but he smartened up and became an NHL regular on another team and he ultimately did take the rounding out of his game to heart. However, he's also sustained a ton of injuries including a bunch of concussions which is keeping him from playing to his full potential on a regular basis.

This isn't a full on Klimchuk, Poirier, Lazar situation who couldn't break into the NHL even while healthy. This is much closer to a Sprong type of situation, but Barts is still far superior to Sprong. I'd say he's closer to guys like TT before the breakout in Carolina, and Barts IMO could play at that level if he was fully healthy.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Moncton was supposed to be mediocre this year but given their hot start which was driven mostly by Pelletier they’re going all in

They have the first four picks of the 2016 QMJHL draft on their team now and I wouldn’t be surprised if they add even more. They’re loading the f*** up and it’ll likely be between them and Rimouski to represent the Q at the mem cup

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Moncton was supposed to be mediocre this year but given their hot start which was driven mostly by Pelletier they’re going all in

They have the first four picks of the 2016 QMJHL draft on their team now and I wouldn’t be surprised if they add even more. They’re loading the f*** up and it’ll likely be between them and Rimouski to represent the Q at the mem cup
The plan was to go all in from the start. And don’t sleep on Sherbrooke.

Reactions: Dack

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Has gone very cold since returning from injury.

Prior to his injury:

26 games: 18 goals, 31 assists, 49 points (1.88PPG)

Post-injury:

13 games: 3 goals, 7 assists, 10 points (0.77PPG)

Gotta wonder if he's still battling injury.

Reactions: Dack

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Nice! I think Moncton being so stacked on offense this year ended up hurting his production, they had so many good forwards that I doubt all of then were getting the amount of ice time that they're used to post Groulx trade at least.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Nice! I think Moncton being so stacked on offense this year ended up hurting his production, they had so many good forwards that I doubt all of then were getting the amount of ice time that they're used to post Groulx trade at least.

He more or less was their offense till his concussion hit. Took him a while to bounce back from that. Still very excited to have him in our pool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad