Player Discussion Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Interesting tweet from Kirk. I know every time I’ve watched him I get this feeling that he has no urgency. He needs to work on that.

Ugh. I remember that now. It doesn't look like he's grown out of it. He's still young, but it doesn't look good if his steady pace is not enough to do the job in the NHL and stay in the lineup.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Weren't you talking about how it was a steal for the Bruins last week? You really like to overreact
I was hoping for JFK to make it and he looked so good when he came back from providence but now Cassidy is angry with him and sent him down again. Doesn't look good now. Hope he still turns it around. Looking back honestly Donny could have gotten a better deal. Must have panicked?

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
JFK will be fine.

The Bruins depth is all messed up right now and JFK amongst others is being asked to play above his slot right now. When 37 is healthy, JFK could easily be the #3 pivot if there is some wing talent to go on that line. Thats where he needs to be as a young player and by most talent evaluators he slots as a top 2 center.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
JFK will be fine.

The Bruins depth is all messed up right now and JFK amongst others is being asked to play above his slot right now. When 37 is healthy, JFK could easily be the #3 pivot if there is some wing talent to go on that line. Thats where he needs to be as a young player and by most talent evaluators he slots as a top 2 center.
Hope your right but we need 3c help in the worst way. Cave kuraly backes Nordstrom are not the answer.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
If i added up all the kids i thought could make it... im sure i was wrong at least 50%

Betting against kids making it is the best way to make yourself look like a genius

That said... its a very tricky process and theres no nails in the coffin added this past couple weeks

Kid didnt bowl any of us over... but most of us had no expectations he would

Lets hope he enjoyed a taste of the big leagues and will work harder to improve now so next time it lasts longer for him

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Certainly shows signs and has skills. When he initially signed, he wasn’t ready and he probably could have gone for another year in college to get stronger, maybe play internationally , too.
But it sounds and looks like his “give-a-shit” meter needs work. Maybe he’ll be back up soon as mentioned and it’ll be there, but I’d like to see other options, internal or external.
Like Nugs, I’d be okay moving him for the right player.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
He’s just not ready in my opinion. Much like the rest, he needs time in Providence, but is being rushed too soon.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Every forward in our top 6 was dominant in Providence by the end of their first pro year (or full time NHL). If JFK is not ppg or close the rest of the way in Providence, it does not bode well.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He’s just not ready in my opinion. Much like the rest, he needs time in Providence, but is being rushed too soon.
not sure he was being rushed, the B`s hurt with injuries, reached down to Providence and felt he would be a fit on the 3rd line, now, didn`t work out too well, kid is horrific on faceoffs which is kind of a huge problem for a C

I don`t get to see the PB`s but based on comments from fans here who do, sounded like Cave and Frederic were having more consistent years and thought Cave would be call #1 with Frederic out.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
not sure he was being rushed, the B`s hurt with injuries, reached down to Providence and felt he would be a fit on the 3rd line, now, didn`t work out too well, kid is horrific on faceoffs which is kind of a huge problem for a C

I don`t get to see the PB`s but based on comments from fans here who do, sounded like Cave and Frederic were having more consistent years and thought Cave would be call #1 with Frederic out.
Sounds like he isn’t. I’m a big believer of the AHL. He needs time down there to work on things. What you can say is that they brought up the wrong guys. That I agree. I don’t know why Cave wasn’t first to come up. Seems like a player.

BruinsNetwork

Frederic would have been No. 1 for me, before the other two, if he were healthy and didnt get hurt. In my opinion, I’d still call up JFK over Cave, regardless of how well Cave has been playing in Providence. For me it’s not about who is playing better for Providence, but rather which player can potentially offer more in the NHL. Cave is solid and I think he will be a good fourth-line grinder in the NHL, but I think his upside is limited beyond that. JFK has the tools and upside to be a very solid third-line center.

I’m not so sure the lack of urgency will ever improve for JFK, but I still think he will be a solid third-line center. As Kirk said in his Redline Report, he isn’t lazy, he just stays at the same pace each game, which is what it is. I actually found him to be playing quite well on the third-line, before he was bumped upwards in the lineup and proved to be unready at this point in time.

JFK needs to work on his faceoffs as he’s very good at the dot in the AHL. If he can go ahead and increase his pace and urgency, thats even better. I don’t think the urgency thing is an issue for the third-line though, if I’m being honest. I think he showed that he can play well in that position, especially in the first couple of games with Heinen and Bjork.

Reactions: DrJustice

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Frederic would have been No. 1 for me, before the other two, if he were healthy and didnt get hurt. In my opinion, I’d still call up JFK over Cave, regardless of how well Cave has been playing in Providence. For me it’s not about who is playing better for Providence, but rather which player can potentially offer more in the NHL. Cave is solid and I think he will be a good fourth-line grinder in the NHL, but I think his upside is limited beyond that. JFK has the tools and upside to be a very solid third-line center.

I’m not so sure the lack of urgency will ever improve for JFK, but I still think he will be a solid third-line center. As Kirk said in his Redline Report, he isn’t lazy, he just stays at the same pace each game, which is what it is. I actually found him to be playing quite well on the third-line, before he was bumped upwards in the lineup and proved to be unready at this point in time.

JFK needs to work on his faceoffs as he’s very good at the dot in the AHL. If he can go ahead and increase his pace and urgency, thats even better. I don’t think the urgency thing is an issue for the third-line though, if I’m being honest. I think he showed that he can play well in that position, especially in the first couple of games with Heinen and Bjork.
I hope they try that line when Bergeron comes back.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Same issue Heinen has IMO. Both guys are constantly at "medium-speed" and I'm not sure how well that works in today's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->