Player Discussion Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson - II - Signing in the Swedish Hockey League

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
If they can keep the puck in the opposition end for the time they on thats the most you can ask of your 4th line. Last night they were dogs of war. They hounded the habs creating turnovers.

All the lines were like that, not just one specifically. But yeah, you want your 4th line setting a fast paced tempo on the forecheck and help out on the PK. Offense production is just extra gravy... 10-15 points is pretty standard from a guy playing 8-12 minutes a game so you want to see them doing more of the other things that helps win a hockey game.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Could have done better on that. 2015 nhl draft had a lot of talented kids that were missed. Donny gets D for that. JFK donato and heinen doing the best they can.
All 6 drafted in top 2 rounds will be nhl regulars

Carlo & DeBrusk look like core players

JFK & Lauzon have shown a lot of promise over the past month and have nhl skills

Senyshyn is 21 & won’t turn 22 till springtime and he has made significant gains and prospects as an NHL player

Zboril has played well but been set back by 2 or 3 dirty high hit concussions, He would be playing regular on many teams. I’ve seen him live many times in Providence and there is a lot to like

Odds of a first round pick playing the equivalent of 246 games ~ 54%

Odds of a second round pick playing the equivalent of 246 games ~ 22%

Don I think you need to do your homework

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
All 6 drafted in top 2 rounds will be nhl regulars

Carlo & DeBrusk look like core players

JFK & Lauzon have shown a lot of promise over the past month and have nhl skills

Senyshyn is 21 & won’t turn 22 till springtime and he has made significant gains and prospects as an NHL player

Zboril has played well but been set back by 2 or 3 dirty high hit concussions, He would be playing regular on many teams. I’ve seen him live many times in Providence and there is a lot to like

Odds of a first round pick playing the equivalent of 246 games ~ 54%

Odds of a second round pick playing the equivalent of 246 games ~ 22%

Don I think you need to do your homework
I forgive Donny especially how he swindled Carlo in the second round . That's highway robbery for a 2nd round pick. Carlo I can see having a Tyler Myers career.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I forgive Donny especially how he swindled Carlo in the second round . That's highway robbery for a 2nd round pick. Carlo I can see having a Tyler Myers career.

Completely different players IMO. Yeah, both are big guys that can skate well, but that's about where the comparisons stop.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I see this kid improving every game right before my eyes.Kudos to him for putting work in.He needs to stick to Bergeron like glue and learn more about faceoffs.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Carlo looks to me getting better on the offence . He's pinching better shots on net. I think he can put 20 plus points a year easily.

That's nice and all, but Myers has averaged around 33 points and 10 goals per 82 games over his career. Even in their playstyle, I don't see the comparison.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
2nd round pick and a center. Bruins should play him as much as possible to see if he can be a top 2 center for the next generation of Bruins centers

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Glad to see him get comfortable and play with more confidence. I still don’t think he’s a realistic option for 3C down the stretch and into the playoffs but the growth is encouraging and he should be a realistic option for that role next season.

I agree, I think (at this point). However, he is playing like I believe the club hoped he would in camp to cement a roster spot, and we might be surprised with his development over the season.

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
i thought he played a good game in MTL and is showing improvement each game. Donato is also picking it up as well. consistency for the kids is the hardest thing to learn to bring each night.

Reactions: Blowfish

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I really like that he's playing with more purpose and energy. I can't remember if he's been seeing some PP time, but i think it's coming.

Reactions: Blowfish

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
His offensive upside is a poor man's Spooner, no? I say trade him. We know he's not THAT good, and he lacks the requisite toughness to be an ideal third line centre on the Big Bad Bruins. Keep playing him with the other kids, let him accumulate some points, and then trade him at the deadline as part of a package for an impact forward. I suspect that's the plan.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
People here are saying JFK has looked better the last x amount of games, but has he really? Is it truly him looking more confident and playing better or is it really him just not playing as poorly as he was earlier this year? I still have yet to see a level of play from him where I say this guy belongs in the NHL. He still looks like a tweener to me, a good AHL player, but a marginal NHL player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad