Player Discussion Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson - II - Signing in the Swedish Hockey League

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Steadily improving.

yep, kid still growing his game, not sure he`ll ever be a guy who will bring fans out of their seats but one who goes about his business quietly

I have liked his game in the last week and a half or more, doing the right things, for the most part in all 3 zones

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
yep, kid still growing his game, not sure he`ll ever be a guy who will bring fans out of their seats but one who goes about his business quietly

I have liked his game in the last week and a half or more, doing the right things, for the most part in all 3 zones

yeah, not sure if he reaches star level, but can see him ending up a ROR lite

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sorry Bergy but you are a second line center

DeBrusk- Bergeron- Backes

Backes playing best in 2 years

Reactions: Blowfish

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Needs to add 10 pound of mass

Will be interesting to see what happens when Begeron/Debrusk returns

Which one of Cave or JFK stays

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Needs to add 10 pound of mass

Will be interesting to see what happens when Begeron/Debrusk returns

Which one of Cave or JFK stays

Both stay. Cave drops down the 4th line and Acciari and Kuraly ride the pines or take a trip to see some of the scenic locations afforded the AHL player

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Were so deep on 4th line now? How can you sit accari or kuraly they playing like hounds. They putting so much pressure on dman exhausting them.

Someone on that line needs to score some goals. Not a lot- it is a 4th line, but those guys are the absolute worst at creating golden chances and then completely botching them. How many point blank shots have those two missed? I haven't counted, but offense dies on their sticks.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I believe they’d both require waivers. Wouldn’t it be better to trade them if you’re not going to use them?

Either way, the point is, I'd rather they went than send back JFK or Cave. What would Noel bring in trade? Kuraly might have some value because of his wheels :dunno:

That said, if they keep at what they are doing for the past three games, then it is a good line. It just doesn't appear to be sustainable- where was this energy and activity for the first 30 or so?

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Someone on that line needs to score some goals. Not a lot- it is a 4th line, but those guys are the absolute worst at creating golden chances and then completely botching them. How many point blank shots have those two missed? I haven't counted, but offense dies on their sticks.
Agreed goal scoring is an issue but that's the case on 2nd 3 rd lines too. It's what worries me goeing forward. Donny needs to address this.

Reactions: Dr Hook

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Both stay. Cave drops down the 4th line and Acciari and Kuraly ride the pines or take a trip to see some of the scenic locations afforded the AHL player

Acciari maybe but Kuraly is likely going nowhere

CAssidy recent comments regarding Cave etc. should be telling/easy give away that he loves guys willing to kill themselves along/deep into the boards to make plays. Also Kuraly is a staple on the PK

Cassidy also looks like a "paid your dues" kind of guy. Willing to give rookies a chance but all equal, will favor vets

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Agreed goal scoring is an issue but that's the case on 2nd 3 rd lines too. It's what worries me goeing forward. Donny needs to address this.

We agree. Since this is the JFK thread, I'll drag it back on topic by saying I think he is finding his game now and might start to help solving some of that problem. Donato/Bjork-JFK-Heinen looks like it could a solid line in the second half.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Acciari maybe but Kuraly is likely going nowhere

CAssidy recent comments regarding Cave etc. should be telling/easy give away that he loves guys willing to kill themselves along/deep into the boards to make plays. Also Kuraly is a staple on the PK

Cassidy also looks like a "paid your dues" kind of guy. Willing to give rookies a chance but all equal, will favor vets

I can't find much to disagree with here: it seems like this is the case. I wish it weren't, though.

False Start

May 8, 2018
He's driving people who have the puck nuts with the way he waves his stick in the passing lanes.

Kid knows how to forecheck that's for sure. Constantly making right reads on defense and makes every necessary conservative play on offense. (Intercepting passes, making good chips, getting the puck out, away from danger.)

We have a keeper here folks.

Reactions: Ritmo

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Were so deep on 4th line now? How can you sit accari or kuraly they playing like hounds. They putting so much pressure on dman exhausting them.

I appreciate Acciari's game more than most, but he's easily replaceable. Kuraly has more value on the ice, but in a results orientated business, if there's someone better than you, you're gonna sit.

Remember, these are 4th line types. Just about every fanbase around the league is unhappy with their 4th line and it makes me chuckle. They're 4th liners for a reason and that notion seems to get lost on fans.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I can't find much to disagree with here: it seems like this is the case. I wish it weren't, though.

Cave has been good to leaving you wanting more but not great. Though yesterday he was great... and that was his lines best performance since being created

Bergeron nor Debrusk are not likely to return until the 27th.

So Cave and his line still have a chance to show that yesterdays performance was no fluke. The JFK line and Kuraly line are also playing hard.... I mean nobody wants to be bumped down. So all of this is a good thing

3 more games before the xmas break.... then we will see who will remain standing

For sure

Marchand Bergeron Pasta Krejci Debrusk Backes Nordstrom have a spot in the lineup. That leaves 5 forward spots for the taking with Heinen, Kuraly and Wagner having vet/contract edge

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I appreciate Acciari's game more than most, but he's easily replaceable. Kuraly has more value on the ice, but in a results orientated business, if there's someone better than you, you're gonna sit.

Remember, these are 4th line types. Just about every fanbase around the league is unhappy with their 4th line and it makes me chuckle. They're 4th liners for a reason and that notion seems to get lost on fans.
If they can keep the puck in the opposition end for the time they on thats the most you can ask of your 4th line. Last night they were dogs of war. They hounded the habs creating turnovers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->