Value of: Jake Voracek

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I would look into something around Panarin, (but he's a LW), Zucker + Spurgeon (PHI adds), or Tarasenko (if STL is looking to shake things up but they shouldn't move him).

JayB

May 30, 2012
I would look into something around Panarin, (but he's a LW), Zucker + Spurgeon (PHI adds), or Tarasenko (if STL is looking to shake things up but they shouldn't move him).
Lets bring both, Tarasenko and Panarin here. We could easily lose Voracek&Simmonds plus sweets.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Nylander would be a good starting point but I'd much rather send him out west
Starting point? You would never get nylander for voracek. Would you guys trade sanheim for Gardiner? Vorachek is better right now but nylander is younger and should be better player in the next 2-3 years also he will not be a 8million dollar contract(eithe the gets a reasonable deal or he sits out). Nylander to philly deal doesnt work out.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If I'm the Flyers I sooner change coaches than ship out Voracek.

That or trade him for a legit star like Panarin. I think the Jackets would make that deal (not sure if Panarin wants to go to Philly, though playing with Gritty has to be a big plus).

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
It makes more sense to trade simmonds first if theyre looking to shake things up. Coach is the real issue though.

Voracek for tarasenko is really intriguing tho. Could be an interesting shake up for both teams .

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
All of these are absolutely awful for the other team unless Philadelphia is adding something substantial.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If I were Philly I wouldn’t be trading Jake. I’d kill to have him on the isles. He’s such an underrated player.

Reactions: Tripod

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Starting point? You would never get nylander for voracek. Would you guys trade sanheim for Gardiner? Vorachek is better right now but nylander is younger and should be better player in the next 2-3 years also he will not be a 8million dollar contract(eithe the gets a reasonable deal or he sits out). Nylander to philly deal doesnt work out.
Honestly if Nylander signs at 6.5 i still think jake is the better value the next 3 years. Its the 4th year i see the switch happening. While this timeline may suit both teams as currently constructed i do think additional pieces would be required. Come to think of it the d you suggested might actually work.

Sanheim +voracek for Nylander + gardiner

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Honestly if Nylander signs at 6.5 i still think jake is the better value the next 3 years. Its the 4th year i see the switch happening. While this timeline may suit both teams as currently constructed i do think additional pieces would be required. Come to think of it the d you suggested might actually work.

Sanheim +voracek for Nylander + gardiner
Sanheim has, arguably, been our best D this year and is finally coming into his own. Not a degraded asset anymore. No point in doing this, although the premis is very good, Flyers respectfully say no.

Last edited:

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
If I were Philly I wouldn’t be trading Jake. I’d kill to have him on the isles. He’s such an underrated player.

He really is. He can definitely be frustrating but his production is always great. When hes on his game hes a top 10 player in the league.

Reactions: SI90

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

But what about the mystery box? It could be anything, even a boat!

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I read on another thread that Mason was poison in the locker room. He also insulted Hextall, so Hextall will never allow him to return.

I haven't heard about the hextall thing, and I would take the locker room stuff with a grain of salt. There were issues with Mase and Berube over him playing in relief after rushing back from an injury. Mason was backing up without any intention of playing. Jeff Reese quit as the Flyers goalie coach over the situation mid season.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I haven't heard about the hextall thing, and I would take the locker room stuff with a grain of salt. There were issues with Mase and Berube over him playing in relief after rushing back from an injury. Mason was backing up without any intention of playing. Jeff Reese quit as the Flyers goalie coach over the situation mid season.
I think he stated to Hextall that Maso was surprised that Hextall was a goalie due to the mistakes he makes concerning goalies. He also told Hextall that he refused to be in a tandome situation, he wanted to be THE starting goalie. When he went to the Jets he said he was happy that he'd be the starting goalie.....hmm, how'd that turn out Mase.
I heard that he threw his defensemen under the bus to some of the Philadelphia sports writers when they asked about easy goals which were scored on him. If he's such a great goalie, what team is he on right now?

Reactions: Morinisbear

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad