Jake Voracek

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I was looking back at the last week of the regular season, and came across this important goal, which was Voracek's 20th.

"That's just a great shot, it did not rise up on the stick. That is one heck of a snipe by Jake Voracek."

Spectacular goal. His hustle to get up ice was awesome. Might have missed the playoffs without it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sell high!
Voracek is what he is, a bit overrated around here.
He's in a good spot with Lindblom and Patrick, because Lindblom is like Tonto, he does the dirty work for (almost) free, and Patrick can shoot.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I believe this thread needs more Hagg discussion
18INCONEREFLECTIVELP.jpg

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
So, will Jake be exposed in the Seattle waiver draft so we can protect one of the young D? Gamble they won't take on his contract. :)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
No, it will be Konecny left exposed after he clashes with Hakstol who will have just got a 5-year extension as head coach and an assistant-GM role. He'll get two paychecks that way.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So, will Jake be exposed in the Seattle waiver draft so we can protect one of the young D? Gamble they won't take on his contract. :)
I would not take that chance. If they are in that position they should trade one of the young defenders or Voracek in advance of the draft. That being said, our young valuable defensemen aren't as young and valuable as we thought they would be a few years back. We can protect Ghost, Provolone, and Sanheim no problem. While we all love Myers and Morin, right now they haven't done anything. Two years from now when the expansion draft comes in to play one of them may surpass Sanheim (or I guess even Ghost or Provolone, though I doubt that) or Sanheim may not live up to what we want. If we're leading up to this and Sanheim, Myers, and Morin are all worthy of being protected, there is a simple solution: trade two of them or trade Voracek. Way too early to fret about or try and plan about the expansion draft.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

Absolutely not. Voracek will probably be a good player for a while. I don't like the idea of giving away a good player and just keeping a mystery box.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Jake had great interview with DVTV over weekend. But in czech.

For first time: sorry for my bad English.

Jake talked about playing ice hockey as a his dream, about his mentality, psychic and training. He said: "I have a contract for next 6 years, so I hope that we will win Stanley Cup until 2024. I really want to win Stanley Cup. It's a reason why you are playing ice hockey, why are you training every summer, every season."

He talked about charity, that in Philadelphia Flyers are a lot of great guys who are visiting hospitals, children in every free time. They have been go in groups for every time. Sometime three guys, but sometime ten, twelve guys. Wow.

He talked about fans in Czech and in Philly. He said that we (hockey players) should be happy that fans are frustrating when you lost the game and happy when you won game, it's great that they have so much care about ice hockey and about team.

He said: "Philly is on very good way last years. We have so much good young players. I believe that we will do great run in play-off soon."

He critized parents of young hockey players in Czech. But he said that Czech republic has good ice hockey players again. For example Pastrnak. ... I really think that he loves him (talking about him in very good way after world championship, after golden stick ceremony and now again).

He talked about his life. That newspaper say about him: model, cars, alcohol, money. He was very comfortable after this question. He said in calm that his friend, family, teammates know him but reporters don't. But that question is for his friends, family but for no him. That he can't speaking about himself.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
He’s really frustrating in turnovers on prime opportunities. If he fixed that he’d be a great player. I think as we fill the lineup more he will be more and more appreciated. I love the guys attitude. He seems to be a warrior. The more of that the better to win a cup.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
On the basis alone that Jake reads these forums and actually went after Benny I want him here, what a lad. Andddd, I wanna keep making fun of his awful 90% of the time wrist shot lol( had a couple crazy snipes last season ).
Oh, yes. He talked about he is really love reading newspaper, internet etc...

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I really dont understand Jake. Sometimes he looks like the best winger in the game, sometimes he looks like a third line winger for the Isles. He really struggled with consistency last year which had been par the course for most of his career.

When he gets back to shielding the puck and using his body effectively he is an absolute force to be reckoned with.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
My friend worked at SkyTop Lodge during Jared Boll's wedding a year or so ago and Jake was there.

I got some wicked photos of Jake on the dance floor after sucking down some of grandpa's old cough medicine -- he definitely is a fun guy. Good for him.

Reactions: Rebels57

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
My friend worked at SkyTop Lodge during Jared Boll's wedding a year or so ago and Jake was there.

I got some wicked photos of Jake on the dance floor after sucking down some of grandpa's old cough medicine -- he definitely is a fun guy. Good for him.

There was a few of him having a good time on the dance floor at both Simmonds' and Giroux's weddings this past month

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Jake had great interview with DVTV over weekend. But in czech.

For first time: sorry for my bad English.

Jake talked about playing ice hockey as a his dream, about his mentality, psychic and training. He said: "I have a contract for next 6 years, so I hope that we will win Stanley Cup until 2024. I really want to win Stanley Cup. It's a reason why you are playing ice hockey, why are you training every summer, every season."

He talked about charity, that in Philadelphia Flyers are a lot of great guys who are visiting hospitals, children in every free time. They have been go in groups for every time. Sometime three guys, but sometime ten, twelve guys. Wow.

He talked about fans in Czech and in Philly. He said that we (hockey players) should be happy that fans are frustrating when you lost the game and happy when you won game, it's great that they have so much care about ice hockey and about team.

He said: "Philly is on very good way last years. We have so much good young players. I believe that we will do great run in play-off soon."

He critized parents of young hockey players in Czech. But he said that Czech republic has good ice hockey players again. For example Pastrnak. ... I really think that he loves him (talking about him in very good way after world championship, after golden stick ceremony and now again).

He talked about his life. That newspaper say about him: model, cars, alcohol, money. He was very comfortable after this question. He said in calm that his friend, family, teammates know him but reporters don't. But that question is for his friends, family but for no him. That he can't speaking about himself.

Any questions about @bennysflyers16 ?

kostas

Jul 18, 2018
let me give my 2 cents on Voracek. He is a very good player and borderline star. Definitely not a superstar though, and I think that is what people hold against him. Unfortunately, Giroux and Voracek are likely held up to the standards of Crosby and Malkin. Crosby and Malkin were franchise type picks when they were drafted. Not only that, but they got Kessel in recent years to put out 3 superstars on the same team. The flyers finally have depth with JVR signing and Patrick drafted. I believe this is the first time since the Crosby/Malkin era began, that the flyers can actually compete with the Pens. The pens seem to have the refs in their pockets, but at least the flyers can finally dress a team that can beat them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad