Jake Muzzin

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I think Muzzin will end up being a Mike Green lite. Well above average offensively, but will eventually develop his defensive skill enough where it will be passable. His defense is not passable right now, in my view.

He will continue to put up points because he excels on the power play, and will always see plenty of ice time in those situations. He is playing on the top pairing right now, but I expect him to end up as our 3rd pairing offensive guy once things shake out.

Captain Mittens*

Muzzin if going to soon the Norris five times this year

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Muzzin is making great progress in my opinion, and is about where he needs to be in terms of his development. His play in his own zone is getting better as he gains confidence, and he was pretty darn good in his own end against Vancouver last night.

Unlike some, I think he has the potential to be a legit top 4 guy. He certainly isn't hurting Doughty's game at all right now as Drew has been noticeably better since losing the anchor named Regehr.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Muzzin, like Martinez, is a bubble player. He has a very hard slap shot that makes him lethal on the powerplay, but his all around play has been below average, where he was called out by Sutter, saying that he has to play a hell of a lot better to be partnered with a special player like Doughty.

There isn't a defensive prospect who is actively challenged to make the line-up in his place, right away... if that helps you at all. But he was recently called out and in the grand scheme of things, is a little lower on the depth chart.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
He's Andy Delmore 2.0. I just don't think he's got the chops to be decent in his own zone. Wicked wrister though

I like to think of him as a left handed version of Joe Corvo. He has his moments, good and bad. Mobile, big shot, but can make many questionable decisions at times with and without the puck.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Muzzin is making great progress in my opinion, and is about where he needs to be in terms of his development. His play in his own zone is getting better as he gains confidence, and he was pretty darn good in his own end against Vancouver last night.

Unlike some, I think he has the potential to be a legit top 4 guy. He certainly isn't hurting Doughty's game at all right now as Drew has been noticeably better since losing the anchor named Regehr.

Personally I think I might be the highest on him of anyone on these boards. I think he has crazy potential as he has more physical gifts than any of the Kings defensemen. And if he could put it together on the defensive end watch out. Already starting to pick up the physical game and has the best shot on the team.

Ultimately though I think he ends up a second pairing defensemen, though he is DD's right now out of necessity as he is the only defensemen that can keep up with him outside VV.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Amazing offensively and terrible defensively. Some people on the boards love his potential while others hate seeing him on the top dpairing. I think Martinez has more potential and will also be a more complete overall defenseman.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Muzzin has all the tools, just his brain is a little slow. He doesn't think the Defensive game at an NHL speed yet.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Guys, looking for some player info here.

Is he a big part of your team going forward? On the top powerplay with Doughty??

He'll be a good fantasy acquisition, if that's what you're asking. He'll continue to play top pairing with Doughty (yes even on the pp) and the kids got a very good shot.

triplcrown

Jul 23, 2006
SF Valley, SoCal
I've suggested this before, and I'll do it again:

Experiment with moving Muzzin to LW, as SJ did with Brent Burns.

He might make a good power-FW.

Or, he could flop, and The Kings would be destroyed for all eternity.:amazed:

Ok, OK, better not.
:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad