Jake Muzzin thread

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
If he could skate like Gardiner he’d be a #1 Dman.

He’s painfully slow out there, but his defensive awareness and physical presence is something we definitely lacked.

Overall, really like his game & he’s a perfect fit on this team
His skating is good enough to be a shut down d-man. He has the size and reach to really impact the game defensively. The problem with him has always been consistency. His IQ isn't at the level of someone like Drew Doughty. Not saying his IQ is poor but just wait, he'll make the dumbest of dumb mistake at some point. That's why the majority of Kings fans hated him. Two years ago he would regularly pass to the opposing team or make dumb pinches in the offensive zone leading to 2 on 1's the other way. This season though has been his best and most consistent from game to game. He's a great d-man when he's on but he's prone to boneheaded turnovers from time to time.

EXPECT THE LEAFS

May 7, 2016
I don't think he's slow. At times he kinda lugs around like a tank but I've also seen plays where he covers a pretty decent amount of ice pretty fast... kinda deceptive his skating. One hell of a game from him though. That Perry hit was fist pumped hard.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
That hit on Perry was a classic. Some good ole fashioned mean. Definitely an old debt being paid imo.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
You can be slow as long as the puck is moving fast and in the right direction. Polak was fast and it didn't do him much good when he'd just ice the puck when he got to it.

horner

May 22, 2007
That second period sequence was a thing of beauty. The whole team fed off the energy he created. He can put up points with the supporting cast on this team.

Would love to get a physical RD and winger as well before the trade deadline.
Yes and yes

Reactions: Cobra777

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
I only caught the 2nd period last night and what a period this man had.

I was as impressed with his discipline after being cross-checked in the hip as I was with the hit itself. He seems like a very level-headed team first guy who won't take dumb penalties after being targeted by opposing team following his big hits. Love it. And that shot! Wow. He's bringing us parts of the game we haven't seen here in a very long time (big hits and big shot from the point). Trying not to get too excited though as the sample size is incredibly small.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Small sample size, but so far so good with Muzzin. Lets hope this is what we can see from him consistently to make the trade for him to be worth it. If he can just provide very good/great defense, lay a few hits every so often and play tough against opposing players I'll be happy and any points he adds will just be icing on the cake.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Finally a classic stay at home protect the lead dman who can stop cycle and let the bomb fly. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Farm boys from places like Woodstock is what we need. One more please. Guys get hurt who play like this. Hate to say it but it is true. Please please please get McQuaid. He only needs to play Boston. He can sit next round against tampa.

Reactions: Cobra777

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I am just happy leafs fans can see Muzzin give up a glorious chance by going for a big hit, and blow a tire at center ice almost leading to another, and still know that he played a great game.

that's refreshing.

because yes, all good dmen make mistakes.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I am just happy leafs fans can see Muzzin give up a glorious chance by going for a big hit, and blow a tire at center ice almost leading to another, and still know that he played a great game.

that's refreshing.

The big hit got the crowd going and the Leafs bench got a great jump from it. There is something in hockey called momentum and it gets created from big plays like devastating hits. They are game changers. And we have not had them in Toronto for many years. That was not a mistake it was highly intentional which is why Richie paid a visit.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The big hit got the crowd going and the Leafs bench got a great jump from it. There is something in hockey called momentum and it gets created from big plays like devastating hits. They are game changers. And we have not had them in Toronto for many years. That was not a mistake it was highly intentional which is why Richie paid a visit.

and if that puck had gone in the net?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hard-hitting Muzzin sparks Leafs in rout of hapless Ducks

jake-muzzin.jpg

Jake Muzzin scores his first goal as a Maple Leaf, adds two assists and throws his weight around as Toronto whips the hapless Anaheim Ducks 6-1 Monday night, continuing the 29-year-old’s seamless transition onto the Leafs’ backend.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
and if that puck had gone in the net?
I agree. I was thinking the same thing. I was like thankfully Freddy saved Muzzin on that play or he'd be hearing something from fans:sarcasm:. But maybe not?

I do agree with you that players make mistakes, it happens more than normal and we need to forgive, forget and move on instead of shaming. It's a VERY fast game that is played on ice for crying out loud.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

that's refreshing.

Yeah I saw that too ... Strangely enough I think the Leafs players were shocked with the big hit because they were in a position to keep up with the Ducks driving the net, but they got distracted with the hit and let the Ducks get to the net.

Reactions: kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad