Jake Muzzin thread

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Yeah I saw that too ... Strangely enough I think the Leafs players were shocked with the big hit because they were in a position to keep up with the Ducks driving the net, but they got distracted with the hit and let the Ducks get to the net.
Not Muzzin, he could not keep up, and he needed to make that hit to stop perry (??). He missed a hit in the game that before last game (it was good that he missed it), but Rielly covered the winger for him. He showed other Ds that you don't have to follow Bab's system to dead :popcorn:

horner

May 22, 2007
Watching this guy play and his impact makes me want to go for Josh Mason or trouba even more.

Bye bye gards
For sure.
It pisses player of to get hit.
They take penalty put the whole team of there game plan
Wears them out .
Players being more caution coming into your own end.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Yeah I saw that too ... Strangely enough I think the Leafs players were shocked with the big hit because they were in a position to keep up with the Ducks driving the net, but they got distracted with the hit and let the Ducks get to the net.
This is exactly what happened. Like they stopped playing. Muzzin separated the man from the puck, but the rest got caught watching.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Not Muzzin, he could not keep up, and he needed to make that hit to stop perry (??). He missed a hit in the game that before last game (it was good that he missed it), but Rielly covered the winger for him. He showed other Ds that you don't have to follow Bab's system to dead :popcorn:
Your name suits you. Scrambled?

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Muzzin is such a beauty. Really love what he has brought. I had my doubts about the deal, but really pleased with Muzzy so far.

Reactions: Lumberg

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
LL talking about how impressed Muzzin has been with Babcock and the structure he has implemented with the team. Just to balance all the knee jerk hatred from keyboard warriors, real hockey people get it.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Come playoffs Muzzin will be playing the most minutes or very closely behind Reilly. Guaranteed.

You need tough, smart, responsible, positional Defensemen in the playoffs especially when the games become tightly fought. In all respects, whoever he plays with, they will have a little more leash to join the rush (Reilly anyone?).

He will be eating 21, 22 minutes + a game in the playoffs. Mark my words and book this posting.

I just want to say he has played over 20 minutes in both Leaf wins. Closely behind Reilly.

I still think he has a bit more to give. I take it he's the type who wants to rise to the occasion and shut them down.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Still not the slickest passer breaking out but he brings other important elements for sure

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
This guy is an absolute STUD. That trade is a 10/10 HOME RUN!

He brings all the missing elements the Leafs lacked last season, and most of this season. A true top-pairing shut-down D. There is not a player alive that intimidates this guy. He is a minute-muncher... he's big, tough, fierce, throws the body without putting himself out of position, makes solid breakout passes, has excellent gap control and is just a defensive brick wall. Best defensive D I've seen on the Leafs in a VERY long time. Already our best in this regard.

Dubas is a bloody GENIUS for getting this deal done without giving up a roster player. Between JT and Muzzin, Dubas has fully addressed the "Big Bad Bruins".

Reactions: Slyfox and SAMCRO44

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011

He brings all the missing elements the Leafs lacked last season, and most of this season. A true top-pairing shut-down D. There is not a player alive that intimidates this guy. He is a minute-muncher... he's big, tough, fierce, throws the body without putting himself out of position, makes solid breakout passes, has excellent gap control and is just a defensive brick wall. Best defensive D I've seen on the Leafs in a VERY long time. Already our best in this regard.

Dubas is a bloody GENIUS for getting this deal done without giving up a roster player. Between JT and Muzzin, Dubas has fully addressed the "Big Bad Bruins".
Norris candidate!

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Have not been a fan of the Muzzin trade...until this series. He's been a beast so far. PLEASE keep it up. This can easily change if he goes back to being a giveaway machine in the next few games.

Reactions: Newsworthy and DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Have not been a fan of the Muzzin trade...until this series. He's been a beast so far. PLEASE keep it up. This can easily change if he goes back to being a giveaway machine in the next few games.

I think as he has gotten used to our team, he has been much better

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

I'm not sure i could agree anymore then i do.

but dubas still sucks at contracts.

muzzy has been the 2nd most important leafs save for andy.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
5v5 Zaitsev/Muzzin vs Pasta/Bergy/Marchand after 3 games:

TOI: 23:46
OZone starts: 26.09

CF%: 60.53
SF%: 72.90
SCF%: 62.83
HDCF%: 60.82
xGF%: 73.80
GF%: 100

:amazed:

We need to remember the Tavares line has been on for alot of that time. I wonder what it looks like with / without that line on the ice against them. Marner looks like a beast out there.

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
He has changed the whole series with his physicality. Bruin players scared to go into his corner now, especially that top line. Laying out Pasta and Krug was huge momentum shift. Leafs now starting to feel like the big bad bruins now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->