Jake Muzzin thread

BudsOne

Jan 17, 2019
Brought here by DUBAS as the number dman behind Reilly... Vs Detroit played under 20 minutes and only 14 seconds more than Hainsey
Tonight played under 20 again and was 4th in icetime for D man behind Reilly Hainsey and Zaitsev....
Can you say Babcock is telling Dubas FUC* You I never wanted this guy

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
Brought here by DUBAS as the number dman behind Reilly... Vs Detroit played under 20 minutes and only 14 seconds more than Hainsey
Tonight played under 20 again and was 4th in icetime for D man behind Reilly Hainsey and Zaitsev....

lol, no. z and hainsey are always in their own zone thats why, eating up time.

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013

I mean the guy was just traded from California on the other side of the continent, going to the biggest market in hockey, think of the stress that would put on his body both physically and mentally, I'm sure he is drained as hell. They also played back-to-back games, no need for the guy to be playing 25 mins or something right off the bat.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
I started the thread, let me, well, continue it, . I think this guy is outstanding. Just outstanding.

Tremendous wheels., great compete. Steal of steals And look at him lookin at Rielly?

Dubas with the steal of the decade. ....

Nothing else to say, this guy is an all star.... Heck keep the beard.

Probably scares players. Guy is a serious, serious player,how, how, did Dubas get him?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Noticed the Pens went off side quite a bit after that hit or paid attention to who was out there. Just having a few guys like that can really change how teams come at you. All it takes is 2-3 and a team that isn't willing to roll over and you have a resilient group.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Muzzin is going to bring immensely more stability and offense... ...to the 3rd pairing.

Hainsey is where he belongs, he'll bring a huge amount of stability and calm where we
once had two inexperienced players. Dermott might be able to stretch his wings a little more.

horner

May 22, 2007
Noticed the Pens went off side quite a bit after that hit or paid attention to who was out there. Just having a few guys like that can really change how teams come at you. All it takes is 2-3 and a team that isn't willing to roll over and you have a resilient group.

Would love to grab a couple more players like home.
Players need to keep there heads up now.

Reactions: Cobra777

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Muzzin is going to bring immensely more stability and offense... ...to the 3rd pairing.

Hainsey is where he belongs, he'll bring a huge amount of stability and calm where we
once had two inexperienced players. Dermott might be able to stretch his wings a little more.
Except, Babcock will find a way to put Hainsey on the ice, in important situations, over the much better Muzzin! Just watch!

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
His gap control and entry defense has been spectacular, just from eye sight. He's defended the cycle well, he's been smart on the outlet, and he gets a lot of stopped plays in the neutral zone. Offensively, he keeps it simple, makes good decisions, and gets the puck on net with low shots that often results in loose pucks in dangerous areas.

He's been very good so far. A true, complete top pairing d-man.

dominicmoore19

Jun 8, 2010
He plays so different in the D end than any of our other D that it almost looks weird...like he actually will identify an open man and make him...not open!

Reactions: Johnny86

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
His gap control and entry defense has been spectacular, just from eye sight. He's defended the cycle well, he's been smart on the outlet, and he gets a lot of stopped plays in the neutral zone. Offensively, he keeps it simple, makes good decisions, and gets the puck on net with low shots that often results in loose pucks in dangerous areas.

He's been very good so far. A true, complete top pairing d-man.
He keeps you honest with the ability to suddenly plow through you yet he can keep up with skaters and play a stick checking game.

Babcock is going to love watching that stick check into the body check.

He is by far our best option for a match up defender and I'm sure Babcock is going to use him a lot in the playoffs.

It is amazing how much one D man can change your entire look. As advertised, smart, simple, efficient, effective, reliable and a presence. What an upgrade back there.

The trickle down effect. I knew that once we brought in a guy good enough to push almost every down a spot in the depth chart, they'd look much more comfortable.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
The trickle down effect. I knew that once we brought in a guy good enough to push almost every down a spot in the depth chart, they'd look much more comfortable.
Yeah, and that's why I wasn't a fan of the lesser targets that some favored around here. The problem was on the top pairing. That's where the lack of ability was the most pronounced. By getting someone who best slots in somewhere in the bottom four, we don't address that. And we have plenty of players who can do rather well in the bottom four.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I liked Reilly on his off side, it limits certain things, but it actually opens up others. He looked great last night, we actually have a formidable top pair.

Reactions: MattySnipes

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I liked Reilly on his off side, it limits certain things, but it actually opens up others. He looked great last night, we actually have a formidable top pair.
Yep, definitely noticed that he had to fumble with the puck on his off hand when he'd receive a D to D pass in the neutral zone exiting but he's so talented I'm sure he'll get used to it and take those in stride soon.

Believe he made a nice offensive play when he shot the puck with his open blade on the D to D pass in the offensive zone.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Yep, definitely noticed that he had to fumble with the puck on his off hand when he'd receive a D to D pass in the neutral zone exiting but he's so talented I'm sure he'll get used to it and take those in stride soon.

Believe he made a nice offensive play when he shot the puck with his open blade on the D to D pass in the offensive zone.
He was facing east west a lot to compensate and it actually provided more vision for passing, it isn't all negative on your off side and he's adjusted really well already. He's so talented, it will be fine.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Are we better with Dermott on the RS playing with Gards and Hainsey back on his strong side playing with Z ?? When discussing whether Rielly or Muzzin should play the RS, many said that it is easier for a LHD that can skake to play the RS. If that is true, Dermott is a better skater than Hainsey. This would increase Dermott's ice time and decrease Z's.

Reactions: Liminality

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Are we better with Dermott on the RS playing with Gards and Hainsey back on his strong side playing with Z ?? When discussing whether Rielly or Muzzin should play the RS, many said that it is easier for a LHD that can skake to play the RS. If that is true, Dermott is a better skater than Hainsey. This would increase Dermott's ice time and decrease Z's.
Think that's exactly what the lines should be.

Muzzin-Rielly
Gardiner-Dermott
Hainsey-Zaitsev

It was tried last night so I don't see why Babcock can't bring it back when he needs to.

Reactions: AppsSyl and ToneDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad