Injury Report: Jake Gardiner - Out with Concussion

Roboholic

Sep 21, 2005
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050

Franson also unsigned. @HayesTSN: Reality check for some Leaf fans just checking in - Jake Gardiner is out with a concussion.

Bad news

He's been out since before Christmas, for all we know he's fine and has been just sitting in prep for the season.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Time for the droves of fairweather Leafs fans to start paying attention again.

Hopefully Gardiner is able to play soon.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
All we really know is that he was able to tweet about the World Juniors :laugh:. Guess we'll have to wait on any updates.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Because reading the same headlines for the last 4 months was so much more constructive. Good job.
Pretty obvious I meant paying attention to the Marlies/AHL, hence why I posted it in this thread about this piece of news that occurred several weeks ago.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Yesterday during the Marlies game tey mentioned he was feeling much better and on the bike without any symptoms like he had earlier from whiplash/concussion symptoms. He will be back soon from what they say.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yesterday during the Marlies game tey mentioned he was feeling much better and on the bike without any symptoms like he had earlier from whiplash/concussion symptoms. He will be back soon from what they say.
That's good news because with a short training camp he doesn't to fall behind and lose his spot on their depth chart.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
He's been out since before Christmas, for all we know he's fine and has been just sitting in prep for the season.

At yesterday's Marlies game they said Gardiner has been skating, the headaches have subsided and he is chomping at the bit to return to the line-up, just needing final medical clearance to do so.

So he is close to returning to active duty.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Sounds like he'll likely be good to go for the start of the season, seeing as it's probably a week and a bit away.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Welcome back!
tumblr_lp4o81jPTd1qa3j7jo1_500.gif

Fenton

Jul 17, 2005
Toronto
Worries me, rarely does a guy come back after a serious concussion and play at 100%. Usually takes awhile for them to get back into game shape, often taking an off season.

I hope he is able to recover to 100% asap.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Worries me, rarely does a guy come back after a serious concussion and play at 100%. Usually takes awhile for them to get back into game shape, often taking an off season.

I hope he is able to recover to 100% asap.

Since when was this labelled a serious concussion?

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Since when was this labelled a serious concussion?

Since he just labelled it as such. :sarcasm:

Since he's working out on and off the ice a couple of weeks after the fact, I seriously doubt it was serious. He'll have a roster spot waiting for him when he gets back, there's no sense to rush him back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad