Injury Report: Jake Gardiner has concussion symptoms

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
You take out their best player. Before they take out your second best player too. Toughen up, girls.

hockeyfanz*

Meh, sit him out and let him recover, no real need to rush him back to meaningless AHL duty.

Exactly what it is for someone of Jake Gardiners pedigree. The guy proved he is an NHLer at a very young age. Other than keeping in shape, I doubt that the A is helping this kid at all.

sgupca

Oct 9, 2008
Halifax, NS
I watched the game, to me the hit caught Jake off guard. I highly doubt it's a concussion, to me it looked like whiplash.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Which would be better, a neck injury or concussion? Obviously they are both bad, and neither would be great, but if you had to choose between one, which one?

theneuf33

@TheDamager
neck injury IMO would be better if their is a better a) there is rehab for neck injuries b) neck injuries are serious but have a much more definitive recovery time/process c) concussions can be progressively worse if u get more neck injuries tend to not be

either way should not be rushing him back no nhl hockey so he should take time to be properly 100%

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Those are the hits that the NHL is trying to get rid of.....he had no chance to protect himself. Blindsiding the player after the puck was gone.....it was a dirty hit.

Hitting someone upfront is blindsiding him ?

Oh well, they should issue "Look ahead, I'm coming" klaxons.

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
The way things are going with the way some ppull think that a clean hit needs to be fought over pretty soon players are going to need permission from the opponent to hit them with a body check. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->