Injury Report: Jake Gardiner, back spasms, day-to-day

FlyingLeafus

But what about the playoffs?
Jan 4, 2009
Milton
Wonder how much longer the spasms will keep him out. I'd be interested in seeing Dermott up against a stronger Caps team.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The back end doesn’t seem as chaotic without him tonight, but we are obviously better with him than not.

Wonder if they sat him out because of the booing.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Solid prediction.

Gards is clearly the problem :sarcasm:

Never said he was, I just don't like him. Sucks to be wrong though - thought we'd see a bounce back but we just saw the exact same thing without Jake as we have with him. What's that mean?

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Jake is not a horrible D Man. He is just painfully unreliable and will not be resigned.

While this is probably true, it won't be because of his play. I'll be because of what salary he will command considering how good he is, despite a few really visible gaffes from time to time.

We will not be a better team without him. Far from it.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Never said he was, I just don't like him. Sucks to be wrong though - thought we'd see a bounce back but we just saw the exact same thing without Jake as we have with him. What's that mean?

Well according to some, we lose games because of Gardiner and he was singled out for this.

Clearly that is not the case. It means we've got bigger problems and Gards is a convenient scapegoat.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
This is turning into a good year for a good lesson to Dubas, Leafs fans and some of the players. I think it would be perfectly acceptable for Jake to request trade. I also think that the Nylander BS shows up well on Dubas. This team is not in a slump, it's a tailspin right now.

Trade Jake, Brown and Nylander in the off season. They aren't going to pull a 180 and have the grit and effort to win this year. They can maybe pull round 2 at best but thats it.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
This is turning into a good year for a good lesson to Dubas, Leafs fans and some of the players. I think it would be perfectly acceptable for Jake to request trade. I also think that the Nylander BS shows up well on Dubas. This team is not in a slump, it's a tailspin right now.

Trade Jake, Brown and Nylander in the off season. They aren't going to pull a 180 and have the grit and effort to win this year. They can maybe pull round 2 at best but thats it.

No, it's a slump. It was bound to happen. We were shooting a high pace.

We have cooled down to a reasonable 9.9 sh%. We were at 11-12% before our slump, which is kinda of unsustainable.

We'll be fine soon and out of the slump. We looked great tonight but didn't end up going our way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad