Injury Report: Jake Gardiner, back spasms, day-to-day

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Kinda covering all of your bases on this one...

The defence will perform poorly, but since it is Arizona, the forwards and Andy will win the game. I dont know how to be more clear.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I believe Dermott is ready to move up the lineup. I also believe we will miss Gardiner because our D core as a whole is thin and needs an upgrade.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I have mixed feelings about Jake G...

On the plus side, he is a strong offensive player, he seems to be well liked by his teammates, and he comes relatively cheap.

On the minus side, he is an absolute boob defensively !

One way or another, I doubt he is back next year so, if we can bring up and groom a replacement, let's do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffrey Pedler

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Time to see if Zaitsev drags another partner down lol...

I think Dermott will have trouble as you would expect in a new role but he will battle through.

member 262271

Of course it's an expected win against a team like Arizona, but it's gonna depend on their effort out there, I want to see a better effort period.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
The defence will perform poorly, but since it is Arizona, the forwards and Andy will win the game. I dont know how to be more clear.

No, it's pretty clear. If the Leafs allow several goals, you'll blame the defense. If they don't, you'll credit Andy and Arizona's weak offense.

You've set up your conditions in such a manner that the Leafs D can't win.

Very, very clear.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
This concept of if I paid money I have the right to boo is just non sense. I paid taxes, which means I pay for Doctors, Nurses and cops... does that mean I can boo the cops whenever they give me a parking ticket or speeding ticket bc I am sure they made mistakes.

If they consistently made boneheaded mistakes, then yes, you can criticize all you want. It wasn't just 1 mistake. Plus, I am not sure how a cop giving you a ticket is relevant to Gards f***ing up over and over again? Plus a cop or a doctor is not the same as a professional athlete, an entertainer.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
If they consistently made boneheaded mistakes, then yes, you can criticize all you want. It wasn't just 1 mistake. Plus, I am not sure how a cop giving you a ticket is relevant to Gards ****ing up over and over again? Plus a cop or a doctor is not the same as a professional athlete, an entertainer.
Of course people have the right to boo players if they want. It's still just venting frustrations to the detriment of the team you supposedly support though, and that's the issue I have with it. People can dress it up however they want, the only thing that will ever come from it is that they might get in Gardiner's head and screw up his game. And if you prioritize your frustration over that, you're a lousy fan.

Reactions: sparxx87

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Of course people have the right to boo players if they want. It's still just venting frustrations to the detriment of the team you supposedly support though, and that's the issue I have with it. People can dress it up however they want, the only thing that will ever come from it is that they might get in Gardiner's head and screw up his game. And if you prioritize your frustration over that, you're a lousy fan.

Or:

"If you prioritize your frustration to the detriment of the team you supposedly support, you're a lousy fan."

Damn right.

Reactions: Nithoniniel

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
This is bad. People love to hate on Gardiner but without him our D is a lot worse, which says a lot.

Hope he's back in the lineup soon.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Detriment? How mentally fragile do you think he or the team is? I wouldn't boo, personally, if I go to a game I just sit and watch the game, but I don't think that booing someone is going to hurt the team.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Detriment? How mentally fragile do you think he or the team is? I wouldn't boo, personally, if I go to a game I just sit and watch the game, but I don't think that booing someone is going to hurt the team.
I think most players wouldn't just breeze by if their own fans turned on you to that degree. If it was a non-issue, professionals would have treated it as such. Instead a lot of them came out to support him and caution fans against booing.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
LOL ! I'm sure you could.

Plus, I'm not sure it's the same thing and the gas attendant isn't make $4M/yr. ;)

But it might be in bad taste if you looked around and saw other gas attendants were making $6 or or M/yr and doing worst.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Jake isn't a bad Dman. He's average to very good for 67 games a year. It's those other 15 games a year he is bonehead bad Jake. Leafs need him this year.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
If they consistently made boneheaded mistakes, then yes, you can criticize all you want. It wasn't just 1 mistake. Plus, I am not sure how a cop giving you a ticket is relevant to Gards ****ing up over and over again? Plus a cop or a doctor is not the same as a professional athlete, an entertainer.

It is clear Gardiner stans share similar intellect to the defenceman.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I love Jake Gardiner and I've been one of his biggest fans.

But this is the moment for Dermott to shine. I'm loving what I see right now with Dermott (against Arizona but still). Makes me wonder if Leafs made up the Gardiner injury just to get a look at Dermott in a top-4 role (Without causing a media field-day if they moved Gardiner down).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad