Speculation: Jake Gardiner’s UFA contract

mitchthemitch

Jan 10, 2019
Toronto
How is the Muzzin trade bad?
So many reasons.
We aren't winning the cup this year or next.
Grundstrom was our best forward prospect (and plays our weakest forward position) - future top 6 forward
Durzi was our third best D prospect - can develop into a top 4 RHD
First round pick will probably be around 20. In a very deep draft.
We now have only 15 mil to sign Marner, Kapanen, and Johnsson.
We already have 3 other LD at the same level as Muzzin.
Babcock continues to play Hainsey on the top pair and Zaitsev in the top 4.

What was the rush to get Muzzin? Matthews is 21, Marner 21, Nylander 22, Rielly 25, Dermott 22, Liligren 19, Sandin 19. This team has the potential to contend for many cups in the future. Dubas risked throwing away it all just to get another left handed defenseman who's looked pedestrian so far

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
So many reasons.
Grundstrom was our best forward prospect (and plays our weakest forward position) - future top 6 forward

What was the rush to get Muzzin? Matthews is 21, Marner 21, Nylander 22, Rielly 25, Dermott 22, Liligren 19, Sandin 19. This team has the potential to contend for many cups in the future. Dubas risked throwing away it all just to get another left handed defenseman who's looked pedestrian so far
It was a good trade. Gives the team a chance to compete, we would have been screwed with Marincin as our 2nd pair LHD with Dermott and Gardiner Out.

He will play a big role against the Bruins.

Losing Grundstrom sucks, but Durzi won’t be anything special imo

Reactions: teddygmr

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
How is the Muzzin trade bad?

I think the leafs should have went for Montour instead... or even Gudas. Nit that I don't like Muzzin but Grundstrom is the type of player you just don't trade because his skillset is so rare.

Nervousbreakdown

Jul 3, 2017
So many reasons.

Grundstrom was our best forward prospect because over the last few seasons we have graduated 7 guys from the AHL
Durzi is a good prospect but hes at least 2-3 years away from being an NHLer
Is this really a deep draft? I haven't heard anyone saying that.

The team should absolutely be trying to compete for the cup this season while they still have so many players on their ELCs

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
He's going to get close to $7M. It's the position with the least amount of depth.

He may get hurt term wise by the injury, but 6.5-7 over 5 or 6 years is very plausible.

He's the most undervalued player on the Leafs. Well at least before the injury.

Too bad the young GM wasn't a better negotiator and didn't get fleeced by the big boys.

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
So many reasons.

You're way overrating our prospects and the first. Durzi is looking pretty iffy and I seriously doubt Grundstrom becomes more than like a 3rd liner. Muzzin is easily on par with Gardiner (albiet different skillsets) and better than Dermott right now for sure. Oh and Dubas "risked throwing it all away"? Really? That's just asinine considering we got a physical top 4 defenceman (which we need!) for players who may not have ever made the Leafs.

I think the leafs should have went for Montour instead... or even Gudas. Nit that I don't like Muzzin but Grundstrom is the type of player you just don't trade because his skillset is so rare.

I feel like Montour wasn't available when we made the trade and I doubt Gudas would've been dealt after Fletcher just got to Philly. Again, I really don't think Grundstrom was anything special, he hasn't even been physical this year

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
You're way overrating our prospects and the first. Durzi is looking pretty iffy and I seriously doubt Grundstrom becomes more than like a 3rd liner. Muzzin is easily on par with Gardiner (albiet different skillsets) and better than Dermott right now for sure. Oh and Dubas "risked throwing it all away"? Really? That's just asinine considering we got a physical top 4 defenceman (which we need!) for players who may not have ever made the Leafs.

I feel like Montour wasn't available when we made the trade and I doubt Gudas would've been dealt after Fletcher just got to Philly. Again, I really don't think Grundstrom was anything special, he hasn't even been physical this year

2.7 hits/game which would translate to 221 hits in a full season...

Reactions: DelusionalLeafsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad