Prospect Info: Jake Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astormynight

Apr 19, 2015
Well he is 1 inch lower than average height and 15 pounds lower than average weight. He is not big, but h is not really small either.

He has about the same size than Sakik, Yzerman and Turgeon ( I'm not comparing the players, I'm comparing the size)

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
He looks very skinny... hopefully he spends some time in the gym lifting weights...

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Jake Evans looks like he can be a 2nd line center in the NHL, he has the work ethic necessary. He has the offensive instincts, just a matter of gaining experience and adjusting to the speed game. He's already above average in the faceoff dot with a good two way game. The other bonus is he's a right handed center, a feature the Habs haven't had in forever it seems. I like both Svechnikov & Zadina both are exciting lefties on the RW, just like Galchenyuk(LW/C) from the RW. Hopefully the Habs use a couple of 2nd's on right handed forwards with offensive skills, project prospects can be a great + for PP units or 5 on 5 play. Ollie Wahlstrom has a good array of shots for a righty, IMHO!!!...:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu: Centers with right hand shots are Dellandrea, Thomas, Kupari, Zavgorodny, O'Brien. RHW's - Denisenko, Eriksson,(LW), Kaut, Noel, Bokk, Ylonen (RW's). It would be nice if the Habs could draft Dellandrea(RHC) & Bokk or Noel(RHRW's)all non stop motors. Kupari(RHC) could be available early 2nd, like his speed & skill level. Having a couple of good RHC's gives coaches more options, same with the wingers.

Truly hope the Habs make a trade to get another top ten pick for Kotkaneimi, in 2-3yrs. having Kotkaneimi, Evans, Danault, Poehling, JDLR. That's great depth at center, Dellandrea, Kupari or Veleno added to that group just gravy, players with versatility means not making bad trades to fill positions later. Habs always had huge depth of centermen playing out of position in the dynasty yrs.

Last edited:

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Jake Evans looks like he can be a 2nd line center in the NHL, he has the work ethic necessary. He has the offensive instincts, just a matter of gaining experience and adjusting to the speed game. He's already above average in the faceoff dot with a good two way game.
Bulk up kid, bulk up!!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is he smart enough to recover from his hernia surgery faster than the norm? :sarcasm:

I think this is going to set him back a bit and there will be some disappointment in his first year in Laval. I think he is a long term project and has a few seasons in the AHL. Seems like the type that has gradual progression from year to year. I'm not expecting much from him next year and even less now due to his injury. There has been history of this type of injury affecting players ability to 100% recover for months.

Let him do his thing and grow on his own pace.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
If Jake Evans plays for Laval (AHL), the Rockets will have four RHC's. Joining Nikita Jevpalov, Alex Belzile & Phelix Martineau, as the other righthanded centers, obviously they will represent a problem for opposition coaches, IMHO!!!...:devdance::devdance::devdance:

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I hope he makes an impact in the AHL he's a promising prospect, did he recently have a surgery or got injured?

He went under the knife on May 2nd, said to be out 12 weeks so in August hopefully he can start working out, and hopefully if so that doesn't set him back too far. Not sure what he's limited to doing while in recovery but he needs to fill out his frame, get quicker, stronger, work on his skating. Very good defensive forward, excellent on draws, good playmaker, decent shot, smart and hard working. There's a lot to like but we have to see how the lack of physical tools impacts him.

Reactions: GHJimmy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I hope he makes an impact in the AHL he's a promising prospect, did he recently have a surgery or got injured?

Evans has sports hernia surgery on May 2nd and the expected recovery time was 12 weeks. So he should be able to start training towards the end of the July. I think he will start in the AHL and I'm hoping he is close to a pt/game by the end of the season with a few NHL games mixed in here and there.

What is the center depth in Laval this year? Evans, Vejdemo, Audette, Alain, Froese, Verbeek. You can include McCarron but I think he plays RW this year. Who am I missing? Will be interesting to see how Bouchard evaluates his game and uses him.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Evans has sports hernia surgery on May 2nd and the expected recovery time was 12 weeks. So he should be able to start training towards the end of the July. I think he will start in the AHL and I'm hoping he is close to a pt/game by the end of the season with a few NHL games mixed in here and there.

What is the center depth in Laval this year? Evans, Vejdemo, Audette, Alain, Froese, Verbeek. You can include McCarron but I think he plays RW this year. Who am I missing? Will be interesting to see how Bouchard evaluates his game and uses him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Chaput and Bitten can be included in your list of C depth for Laval.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'm an optimist but I have zero faith that Evans will be anything of note in the NHL. He seems to skinny, not a good enough skater and not really good enough at much else to make him a top 9. Would love to be wrong.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I'm an optimist but I have zero faith that Evans will be anything of note in the NHL. He seems to skinny, not a good enough skater and not really good enough at much else to make him a top 9. Would love to be wrong.

The good news is that, from my admittedly limited knowledge, his floor does seem to be relatively high at this point (as in it seems he is probably going to bottom out as a 4C in the NHL). In other words, at this point in his development, it seems we've got an NHL-calibre player on our hands. The real question is how much more he can develop from now on, and how high in our lineup he can fight for a spot down the line.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Habs hope to see him as their 3C in the future, given his development.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I read a few times people comparing him to Mitchell. Seems like a decent ceiling/floor. Hope Julien like him more than Mitchell though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad