Waived: Jake Dotchin

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don't get why the organization would look bad for terminating him even if it comes out that Dotchin was suffering from depression? Depression isn't an excuse to not take care of yourself in the off-season. When Stamkos was injured and was healing he didn't let himself go and gain weight. Zetterberg who supposedly has this degenerative back that prohibits him from training didn't gain 30 pounds over the summer. One of the ways to help control depression is through healthy eating and excersise so he clearly wasn't trying to get himself better if depression is the issue. He could've easily pulled a Ranger and told the organization he wanted to step away for awhile to get himself right but doesn't sound like he did that. For his sake I hope he figures out what's wrong with himself and gets back on track but it's no loss to us and I hope the PA doesn't make a stink of it.
Bad eating habits are one of the main things that can be caused by depression, whether it's eating too much or too little. You can't just say "eat more" to a person suffering from anorexia either.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Lmao now Sustr's tweet has set off more rumors about Dotchin having depression

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Bad eating habits are one of the main things that can be caused by depression, whether it's eating too much or too little. You can't just say "eat more" to a person suffering from anorexia either.

This isn't some average Joe we're talking. He's a professional athlete who has access to nutriotionist, personal trainers and money to afford healthy food. If he's eating McDonald's every day that's on him not his depression.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Depression doesn't make complete sense to me as the sole cause of everything here, after already being suspended for a preseason, and all the #BellLetsTalk #EndtheStigma type talk coming out of the hockey community. As well as the Paul Ranger story coming out, which probably prompted some talk in the Lightning dressing room, but it's also Dotchin's job is to be in tune with his body.

Reactions: smitty10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->