Value of: Jake DeBrusk

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Asking price from the Red Wings for DeBrusk?

I wouldn’t go quite as far as “what Detroit would want for Mantha”, but it’s not far off. If DeBrusk is moved it would be because they don’t want to pay him. I don’t think Detroit is a team looking to trade picks and prospects.

An out of left field idea would be something around Mantha and DeBrusk+ but I don’t know the point of that.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I wouldn’t go quite as far as “what Detroit would want for Mantha”, but it’s not far off. If DeBrusk is moved it would be because they don’t want to pay him. I don’t think Detroit is a team looking to trade picks and prospects.

An out of left field idea would be something around Mantha and DeBrusk+ but I don’t know the point of that.

I would as over the last 3 years

Mantha - 190 GP / 65G / 69A
DeBrusk - 203 GP / 62G / 58A

^DeBrusk isn't far off in numbers and is 2yrs younger than Mantha. Mantha also plays just shy of 18 minutes a night over the last 3 years while DeBrusk has played around 15:30 a night.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester

^DeBrusk isn't far off in numbers and is 2yrs younger than Mantha. Mantha also plays just shy of 18 minutes a night over the last 3 years while DeBrusk has played around 15:30 a night.
Wow I didn’t realize how close their numbers were. Really gives me more appreciation for DeBrusk

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Any news on what his contract demands look like?

I haven't seen anything aa far as what he's looking for. I think we see a 2 year deal for $3 to $3.5 million. Gives the B's some cap flexibility for a few years and DeBrusk a chance to cash in if he can have a few 30 goal seasons.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Conversely, Mantha doesn't get the amount of secondary assists DeBrusk gets because he is on a worse team and the primary points picture is more in Mantha's favor. He also goes up against tougher competition. He is also right-handed and unlike DeBrusk has shown a clear progressive trend vs just kinda being the same guy for three years with a massive shooting % spike in the middle. And you can't teach 6'5".

Not crapping on DeBrusk at all. He is a very good 1st line/2nd line tweener. Just think that Mantha probably has more value...

BUT, I'm going to argue against myself here after noting that Mantha can walk himself to UFA after taking a 1 year arbitration deal this year which really hurts his trade value.

So you are right, but we just get there in a different way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad