Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
GSze6Dp.gif

Not only do I take back everything nice I ever said about you, I also in advance take back everything nice I ever will say about you. You are, well, Dead to me.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The worst thing to happen to analysis is writers deciding they'll make sweeping judgements using Corsi alone.
One can point out that 4 of the top 6 teams in CF% missed the playoffs, & that the league champion finished 24/31 in CF%, & you’ll still have people haughtily citing the stat like it’s a definitive evaluation metric.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
#TeamVoracek

In all fairness, there are very few players I wouldn't side with over deadhead if given the opportunity. If deadhead called out say MacDonald and AMac tweeted the same thing, I might find myself in a #Teamdeadhead situation

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
lolololol - so funny that they read hfboards. I will never forget Sarah Baicker talking sh** about us HF'ers; making it seem like we were just a bunch of uneducated morons. Seems some care what ppl have to say though I strongly dislike the idea that deadhead is a representation of this forum to a player
What did she say? :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
One can point out that 4 of the top 6 teams in CF% missed the playoffs, & that the league champion finished 24/31 in CF%, & you’ll still have people haughtily citing the stat like it’s a definitive evaluation metric.

Yeah it doesn't even account for quality. That's just the first issue.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
lolololol - so funny that they read hfboards. I will never forget Sarah Baicker talking sh** about us HF'ers; making it seem like we were just a bunch of uneducated morons. Seems some care what ppl have to say though I strongly dislike the idea that deadhead is a representation of this forum to a player

Actually I believe we started that one, with a discussion about her haircut.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hey when you're a TV personality, you're signing on for people to scrutinize you based on your looks. It's an unfortunate side effect of the job

I'll definitely have her back on that because showing up here to interact was just f***ing fantastic and she was a great sport about it.

Until you people got very creepy. That is why we can't have nice threads.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
I'll definitely have her back on that because showing up here to interact was just ****ing fantastic and she was a great sport about it.

Until you people got very creepy.

Who got creepy? I don't recall seeing the HF Board interaction just a tweet she sent out regarding people on HF Boards.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Yeah it doesn't even account for quality. That's just the first issue.

There are people who evaluate games & players as if Corsi is the goal of playing hockey.

Which leads me to my hyperbolic example. Suit up a team of sumo wrestlers with one great faceoff guy. Pin the puck in the offensive zone for eternity. Get a few feeble shots on net. But one mistake & it’s a quick strike goal against on a one-shot quick strike breakaway. What matters more? The scoreboard or Corsi?

Reactions: SniperHF

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I wonder how much time Jake has/is spending to read his comments. I'm sure it can't just be the game day thread? I think I'm going to start hating on Jake to get a call out just for funsies.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
I wonder how much time Jake has/is spending to read his comments. I'm sure it can't just be the game day thread? I think I'm going to start hating on Jake to get a call out just for funsies.

The most recent interaction starts with AMac bashing (I contributed) and then deadhead asking about other veterans getting the blame as well. So, I think it's safe to say AMac is aware at how much sh** is being talked about him on here.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
There are people who evaluate games & players as if Corsi is the goal of playing hockey.

Which leads me to my hyperbolic example. Suit up a team of sumo wrestlers with one great faceoff guy. Pin the puck in the offensive zone for eternity. Get a few feeble shots on net. But one mistake & it’s a quick strike goal against on a one-shot quick strike breakaway. What matters more? The scoreboard or Corsi?

It's replaced +/- as the most grotesquely abused stat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad