Jake calling out deadhead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Now if only Hakstol would respond to him.
tenor.gif

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Philly fan logic. If you're really good, it's likely that fans will be pissed off that you aren't even better.

I don't think that logic applies to just philly sports.

I watched a documentary which was basically a meta analysis on how to be happy by studying different cultures throughout time periods and the one constant was to always set low expectations. Low expectations are the key to happiness. And it's kind of true.

Case in point the Movie Drillbit Taylor. i watched it sober with some friends expecting nothing and we wound up loving and laughing the whole time. WE literally had never heard of the movie until we popped it in. After that I was hyping it up to some other friends we watched it and it failed to evoke the same reaction from me.

Reactions: mdm815

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I dont understand why/ how people trash voracek. He is the best blend of atheleicism/ skill on the team. And it’s way more than just deadhead

That's exactly why people criticize Jake.
He's got so much raw talent, it's frustrating seeing him be "good" when he could be "great."
I don't think he's lazy, but he does seem to lose focus at time, and at this point in his career, develop a decent wrist shot and USE IT.

And I'm not trashing him, I don't think having a bad start to the season on two long road trip games is the end of the world. But he does need a wake up call. He's too good to be playing this bad.

Reactions: Lindberg

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I dont understand why/ how people trash voracek. He is the best blend of atheleicism/ skill on the team. And it’s way more than just deadhead
He is no doubt... he needs to be that player and more. G, Voracek , Couts and Simmonds are the leaders of this team. They need to set the tone that this team will and can be a contender(not a team that struggles to get to the playoffs). Everyone on this board is sick of being mediocre all we want to see is that the org feels the same way. That's why some posters go overboard in their criticisms. Those 4 have to carry this team and with this defense they may have to drag it to success. They need to set the example for Patrick, Lindblom, Misha and Konecny. If our leaders grab this team by the horns and we can get decent goaltending anything is possible with this lineup but its up to them to show the way. Were not as talented as the leafs, Pens, TB but were close enough with the big 4 and with the right discipline and effort we can become one of the best teams in the east (especially during the playoffs) sooner then we think but its up to those 4 to lead. Its all about attitude not individual performance. Set the tone at practice and the results will come during the games. Voracek has been an awesome Flyer he really stepped up when Jagr was here. We need him to continue to take his game to the next level and use his strong leadership skills and most of all don't be afraid to shoot (just hit the net anything can happen especially with JVR and Simmonds in front of the net on the PP!)

Reactions: tucson83

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
That's exactly why people criticize Jake.
He's got so much raw talent, it's frustrating seeing him be "good" when he could be "great."
I don't think he's lazy, but he does seem to lose focus at time, and at this point in his career, develop a decent wrist shot and USE IT.

And I'm not trashing him, I don't think having a bad start to the season on two long road trip games is the end of the world. But he does need a wake up call. He's too good to be playing this bad.

I DISAGREE, i think if anything he tries to do too much. His hands are not as soft as giroux's or patricks. That is one skill he is lacking, but then again they have extremely soft hands. They can receive passes with the best of them. Other than that i really dont seem lose focus.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I don't think that logic applies to just philly sports.

I watched a documentary which was basically a meta analysis on how to be happy by studying different cultures throughout time periods and the one constant was to always set low expectations. Low expectations are the key to happiness. And it's kind of true.

Case in point the Movie Drillbit Taylor. i watched it sober with some friends expecting nothing and we wound up loving and laughing the whole time. WE literally had never heard of the movie until we popped it in. After that I was hyping it up to some other friends we watched it and it failed to evoke the same reaction from me.

I can relate to that... When I find a cult movie, in its early stage, that I love, I greatly enjoy watching it periodically... When they are 'discovered' by the general public, and become popular, I suddenly lose interest in it to the degree I once had... Two perfect examples are, 'The Producers', and 'Christmas Story'... the latter which was ruined by marathon airings each Christmas... the former in part with the the Broadway Show and subsequent Musical Film.

With that said, I still love certain parts and scenes... but I very rarely watch the entire movies any longer... With the Producers I stopped watching after their play premiered and was adored as camp... at the midpoint... the movie is basically the first half, IMO... and very end when they were in prison.

...But I digress. Haha

Reactions: Jtown

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015

He is no doubt the most physically and athletically gifted player on this team and probably since LINDROS....but he has too many brain farts and doesn’t think the game real well leading to dumb mistakes and lots of inconsistencies and is not a smart risk taker. He is the antithesis of couturier....couturier has decent physical gifts but is always at the right place and makes smart plays.

Both great players....but its more frustrating to watch voracek, because at times he looks like jaromir jagr mid 90s and sometimes he looks like Bob from the beer league.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
The problem with Voracek is he doesn’t play up to his level of skills. Frankly I think he’s a bit lazy of a player defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad